PDA

View Full Version : Man, SFAC is a steal...

Blonde799
09-02-2004, 01:09 PM
2 games, 1 bust and a movie for $30. The times we live in...

Well, I got a hold of it the other day, and I definitely made a worthy purchase.:)

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection is a game that contains 2 games:Hyper Street Fighter 2:The Anniversary Edition and Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike:Fight for the Future(see how geh titles are getting?).

Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike is the 3rd version of SF3, arguably the best version of the different SF3 games. I also heard that this version is more arcade perfect than the DC version, but since I never played it in the arcade, meh. Hyper Street Fighter 2 is a SF2 game that allows you to choose different SF2 versions of the classic SF cast, and has Akuma as a hidden character. Let me just say, that the characters you fight will mostly be Super Turbo characters in HSF2. These characters are cheap. The difficulty was on Easiest, and my first opponent Zangief, handed my ass to me 3 times. Now, I'm rusty on SF2, but damn, I wasn't a pansy. Then I noticed, that opponents deal more damage than you, and have first priority in attacks. WTF?

Needless to say, I had to choose Super Turbo Ryu, to kick Zangief's imported from Russia ass, and I ended up with more bruises than not. I'll be playing this for a while.:)

Now, here's something some may not be sure about. Street Fighter 2:The Animated Movie is on this disc. You can access it, by simply selecting HSF2 as the game you want to play, go to gallery mode, and select the movie, it's available from the start. I was actually surprised by the quality of the movie. It's kind of blurry, but it's a lot better than the MM animated episode on MMAC, where images would stick on the screen for a second or two. If I didn't see it 5 times already, I'd actually watch it. You can also skip scenes on it if you wish. And yes, this one is edited. It doesn't have the chun li shower scene fully seeable. If any perverts really want to see it that badly, go to animeprime.com . Seriously, you're not missing too much from that scene, it's not like chun li plays with herself or anything.:p

Well, I just wanted to inform those that were thinking of getting this, but wasn't sure about the content.

MottZilla
09-02-2004, 03:20 PM
I gotta try it out, just for Hyper Street Fighter 2. Afterall, it won't be emulated for awhile since Razoola doesn't release xors till the game is 4 years old. But ofcourse he could always pull a Street Fighter Zero 3 again. ;)

ShadowTiger
09-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Do yourselves a favor and buy Bloody Roar 4 instead. There's something about that game that just transcends gaming pleasures. It was the one true fighting game that I actually liked.

I will consider purchasing SFAC though, thank you. ;)