PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Internet

mike5000
08-29-2004, 03:51 PM
I don't know what happend, but its bad. Every link I click wont load. It opens a new window as it should, Then it just sits there. the address bar isnt even filled in. It has to be something to do with spyware/addware. This HAS happend to me before in the past. and I cant remember how I fixed it. All my spyware programs (Spybot S&D/Ad-Aware) tell me im clean. I would do a system restore but I dont have a restore date from before the problem witch is a mystery in its self... (i leave my system restore set to full.) I have since installed XPSP2 hoping that would fix the prob but it didnt.

Solaris_Omega
08-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Could be Browser Hijackers, Download this program called Hijack This, and delete all BHO No Names and DPF's that it gives you in the list after you scan, also go to c:\Windows\Temp and manually delete all the stuff in there, as well as the stuff in your temporary internet folder. Also, is this one site or alot of sites that your having trouble on?

mike5000
08-29-2004, 04:00 PM
I will try that. And this is my whole internet every browser i use...

EDIT.. Whoa lots of backups on my desktop.. Still not working...

AtmaWeapon
08-29-2004, 04:14 PM
http://www.broadbandreports.com/faq/8428

Do it.

mike5000
08-29-2004, 04:38 PM
thank you atma.... this will keep me busy for hours... so I see we've narrowed it down to Hijacker/malware. I feel more confident in fixing it that way. If it was a currupt system file and If I would have to call tech support id be screwed..