PDA

View Full Version : Back to school

Ibis, God of Magicks
08-29-2004, 12:32 AM
Ya know, I really like college and all. The classes, the people. But really gets me are the tect books. My psych teacher chose a new book this year. New, so there aren't any used ones. The book was 110 bucks (granted a used one would have only been 80). I mean they have you by the balls, by the book or fale the class. And what's worse, is at the end of the year if I decide to sell it back, I'll only get like 20 bucks for it.

Master Ghaleon
08-29-2004, 07:31 AM
My sister goes to college and of course all of her classes she had to buy brand new books going for 100 i think. They rip you off so bad with that

Archibaldo
08-29-2004, 02:50 PM
You have to buy your books? Why don't they just lend them to you and have you return them at the end of the year? And if they get damaged or lost, then you have to pay.

Rainman
08-29-2004, 03:21 PM
I spent about 500-600 dollars on books this year. That sucks...

slef
08-29-2004, 04:17 PM
yey for highschool and not having to pay for anything! woo!
im going to hate buying all that crap when I go to college... if you started collecting old books you could make lots of money selling them maybe :shrug:

ShadowTiger
08-29-2004, 04:37 PM
I spent about $300 on books this year. Not that many were used either. :shrug: (Am I lucky or something? I'm new to college, I dunno. :odd: ) What I'm dreading however, (Nearly dread, I suppose.) is that it's simply my first time. I have no idea how things are going to compare to high school. Sure, I'll be commuting, and therefore doing most of my homework at home and such, .. but I have no idea how much, or even IF, I'll be getting any homework.

Besides, there's the backpack issue. Do you have to bring your textbooks (20+ pounds.) with you every day? Or will they probably tell you to leave them home?

moocow
08-29-2004, 04:42 PM
During the year I went to college, I probably paid around $600 all together for all of my books. College really knows how to rape you of your money.