PDA

View Full Version : Hello from college

Rainman
08-28-2004, 11:35 PM
College life at the University of Pittsburgh so far has been... interesting. I haven't been able to get on the internet for a while. Apparently this computer had a network bridge setup and that's a no no. So instead of just yelling at us they decide to just shut down the port. We call the university tech office and after a visit we are told that it'll take a between 1 to 7 days to get it setup again. Whatever, it's up now and we had plenty of stuff to do in the mean time.

My roommates alright. He's a good guy and seems at least moderately interested to gaming. He has a taste for partying it seems which I guess is normal at college. We don't really talk that much, but there seems to be a mutual respect.

My brother's across the hall oddly enough. His roommates is pretty easy to get a long with and associate with. He plays Counterstrike most of the time. The rest of the floor seems alright as well, but like my roommate aren't really part of my crowd. I just got invited to go to a party, but I decided to turn it down. I'm not totally opposed to going to one, but I feel like holding off any of that kind of stuff until I'm well into college.

The rooms are great. They are actually so of the biggest dorm rooms on campus. We just lucked out I guess. The only downside is the dorm is a several blocks from anything, but I guess it'll keep me in shape. I'll get a picture up here sometime.

I know many people who go here from high school and other things. Oddly enough every one of them live in a different location. My cousin is a freshman here as well. And he's also an engineer.

Classes start Monday. They've done alot (not purposely) to try to intimidate us. They keep on saying that we "will" fail our first test. Maybe I will, but I don't really think my classes will be as hard as they make it out to be. I hope my educational experience will make it go smoothly.

DarkPanther
08-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Hey man. Congrats.

Enjoy yourself but don't waste too much time on stuff that won't matter after those 2-4 years.

...but do be sure to waste some of it because you won't get to as much afterwards.

Glitch
08-28-2004, 11:55 PM
How close are you to the Art Institute of Pittsburgh?

Master Ghaleon
08-29-2004, 07:57 AM
Have fun man!!! Or shall I say, have fun with the college girls ;)

Rainman
08-29-2004, 03:16 PM
How close are you to the Art Institute of Pittsburgh?

I have no idea. Actually I don't know where many of the places are. University of Pittsburgh is spread over most of the city so tbere is a good chance.