PDA

View Full Version : Megaman: Dr. Wily's Revenge

SirNiko
08-28-2004, 10:47 PM
I finally finished this game today. It's an incredibly awesome game... the graphics are excellent, and the dungeons are extremely varied, both in graphics and in the puzzles. I especially like the way how it forces you to change aspects of certain dungeons to win.... turn on the power in a power plant, drain the water in the factory, giving you a feeling that the game is actually much more complex than could be possible with the classic Zelda program.

Several points I really enjoyed...

I loved the "Thieves Hideout" area. It was suitibly spooky! A big surprise considering that the game started out so light-hearted. The part that takes away your menu is also nasty.... it forces you to rely on quick reflexes, since you can't pause!

I also thought Dungeon 5 was a lot of fun! Side-scrolling areas aren't heavily used in Zelda Classic, it seems, but this one was a rare exception in that it made a really good standard dungeon with a new viewpoint, as opposed to just feeling like the side-scrolling was a vacation from a regular, challenging dungeon...

The final area was especially fun, particularly the final rooms leading to Wily. Not gonna spoil what happens, but it's impressive that he could create a high-tension area like that given the simple controls of the ZC game! Also, if you die there, watch the cutscene that comes afterwards. it really makes you feel like a loser...

In conclusion, definately find and download this game! I do believe it can be found at www.purezc.com . It'll hold your attention, especially due to the multitude of fun cut-scenes and dialogue, which break up the normal Zelda 1 Gameplay very neatly. The only downside is that it is EXTREMELY hard, more difficult, even, than DarkFlameWolf's games, judging by my Death Count.

And if you get stuck, let me know! I can probably help you out with anything that gets in your way!

-SirNiko

dafeedil
08-29-2004, 01:22 AM
I'll give it a go...I'm playing Swan Song now, cooooool game....I think even better than Nintendo's "A Link to the Past", I'm a 39 year old married mother of 3, but baby, give me a good quest, and I'll see ya in the morning, make your own breakfast, silly little family of mine!! Got Zelda on my mind!

mr.Descer
08-30-2004, 07:09 AM
Mega Man Dr.Wilys Revenge (known as MMDWR also) is really a perfect example of what you can do with ZC. I have finished the game 5 times (I was a bugtester) and I still do not feel bored. I agree wiht everything that Sir Niko said. Especially with the fact that MMDWR is a very hard game. :( So though I recommend every new people who was not around when MMDWR was released to download the game I have to inform you that Petoe is making a Directors Cut version and it will be a much better and easier game than the old version. So if you can wait for a month, please do so.

if you cannot wait then download MMDER here -> http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=67