PDA

View Full Version : Beating a game...

Archibaldo
08-28-2004, 10:38 PM
Hoe do you feel when you beat a video game? Do you feel disappointed, happy, confused? I know when I beat a game I feel disappointed. I know that may seem kinda weird but I feel like it was too short of a game and wanted to play more of it. How do you people when you complete a game?

Sylvan_Wizard
08-28-2004, 11:44 PM
Depends on the game. I look for games with potential replay value, so I can play them repeatedly. When I play through a game the first time, I try to get and do as much as I can, but don't try my best to find and do everything. My main goal the first time is simply to beat the game. Then I'll go through again and try to accomplish what I missed (secrets, etc).

DarkPanther
08-28-2004, 11:58 PM
I feel a deep resentment towards the creators of the game for sucking me into a farse and involving me in a false sense of reality where I'd grown so comfortable and become so enthralled in a world that I became the champion of all, only to return to the title screen with nothing but a memory.... a block of memory on a card stuck in my console.

Whores. All of them.

Glitch
08-29-2004, 12:22 AM
I am happy....then I look at my play time and realize how much of my life I wasted playing a game that I am gonna trade in soon.

vegeta1215
08-29-2004, 01:20 AM
How I feel after beating a game depends on how much I struggled through the game, and how good the ending is. For instance, Tales of Symphonia was really fun, and had tough boss battles all the way through the game - the last battle was especially though. Plus it had a pretty good ending.

Final Fantasy VII on the other hand, had varying difficulty in its battles throughout the game, and a final boss who was WAY too easy. The ending was good though.

Jakq
08-29-2004, 11:38 AM
Hmmm... depends on the ending. I hate sonic heroes now. I loved the game, untill the ending. It seemed kind of... forced.

ShadowTiger
08-29-2004, 02:27 PM
My opinion of a game at the end of it is usually based on one of two things. One of them is the plot, and how many times it "jerks you around." Another is what you can do with it after you beat it.

Deus Ex was definitely one of the games which fits into the first category. It's like playing a really, really good book. SSBM is another. LOONG after I got almost all of the trophies, I always went back to it to "smash" someone.

MottZilla
08-30-2004, 12:51 AM
Depends on the game ofcourse, but ussually I like to have a satisfied bit of closure. Games without an ending sequence really bother me too. Or games with a shitty ending. Obviously if they game is that much fun to play, it may get away with a poor end, esspecially if it has replayability.

But I enjoy after a game, esspecially a difficult one, to see an ending and credits sequence with fitting music and hopefully art to look at while the credits roll.