PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Duality - Death Mountain Fortress

Serenis
08-28-2004, 06:39 PM
I've cleared most of the game now, I suppose. Besides clearing Ganon's fortress, I've yet to find the master sword (and the master key, but I'll get that one after the 25 key hunt), which I've come to read is located in the Death Mountain Fortress. The problem is that I can't find this Death Mountain Fortress.

I'm guessing that the DMF is at the northwestern corner of the dark world, because I see a blue wizard running about on a small platform there. I have no idea how to get there, though. I haven't found anything with my lens of truth either. I did shoot an arrow into the hole in the wall up there in the mountain area, making a "you found a secret" sound, but I never noticed anything change. I was thinking this was somehow related to the DMF.

Also I wonder how many heart pieces there are in total. I have 15 full hearts and one quarter. I never got a heart piece in level 8, so I'm guessing I'm missing three quarter pieces?

SirNiko
08-28-2004, 10:33 PM
The fortress is in the Northwest corner of the dark world, but you have to teleport there from the light world. All I can remember is that there is a very well hidden teleporter one screen below the Ice Palace in the light world (The Ice Palace being in the exact same spot as the fortress). Actually getting to that teleporter may be just as difficult!

I can't remember anything more than that..... good luck finding it!

-SirNiko

Serenis
08-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Thanks a lot, found it right away. DarkFlameWolf amazes me yet again - each new dungeon I enter is more frustrating than the former. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

I have made it to the third last room in the Death Mountain Fortress now, where I need to do something with a crystal-like thingie to make a path in the lava pool to be able to push the stone in the middle of the room. My lens of truth tells me this. These crystal thingies used to react to boomerangs, but I tried that (and everything else I've got, including shooting sword and fire from the wand). There is also a round marking I can't tread upon on the floor in the corner, but my lens of truth tells me nothing about that. I even tried killing the gray wizard in the room (by reflecting its shots with my mirror shield).

I think there was a similar thing in the end of the Mirror House, but I never knew why it got activated.

[EDIT: solved it a few minutes after I posted it, didn't know how to remove the post]

SirNiko
08-30-2004, 05:13 AM
That's good you figured that out.... for the life of me I couldn't remember that part!

I'm glad I could be of service! Good luck finishing the game! The last dungeon is complicated!

-SirNiko

DarkFlameWolf
08-30-2004, 10:33 AM
well, if Death Mount Fortress or Master Dome frustrate you, simply skip them, they are optional anyway.