PDA

View Full Version : How do I place a tile ?

Jackdeldev
08-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Hey there,

Just need to know, how do I place a Tile ? If I go into "Quest" -> Graphics" --> "Tile" How can I place them in the screen ?

Thank you :)

hellebeest
08-28-2004, 06:04 PM
You should go to Quest -> Graphics -> Combos, you'll see what you need to do once there.

In case you don't, you will see the tiles you can already use to place on your screen,
press 'Page Down' to go to the second combo list where you can assign (new) tiles.
Hope this clearifies a bit.

*b*
08-28-2004, 06:44 PM
I think he means making a screen with the tiles. on the menu to the right of the main screen, there are the tiles you can place. click one, then click anywhere on the screen, and it will place the tile

hellebeest
08-28-2004, 07:03 PM
I figured he looked @ the 'Tiles' under 'Quest -> Graphics' and maybe saw some tiles he wanted to use :)
Well if that wasn't the case listen to *b* :), if you want to use new/custom tiles do it my way :)

Jackdeldev
08-29-2004, 07:23 AM
Thank you :) But yes I did ment the tilles under Graphics. For example to make a shop or somthing. ( a house ) :) Those are not on the right of the screen. Thanks for helping me the 2 of you :) I'll go try it out.

Jackdeldev
08-29-2004, 07:36 AM
Ok i've tried but I don't really understand how to insert them on the screen ? Can you please tell me :) The only thing I can do is select a tile and push Edit.. but then what ?

VEL
08-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Jackdeldev please do not double post, please use the "edit" button to edit your last post instead as it is against the rules (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=78500) to double post. ;)

hellebeest
08-29-2004, 01:05 PM
Once you have clicked edit click the first tile (the one with the 3 small heart pieces in it)
then simply click the tile of your choosing hit the enter button or click on 'new' on bottom
of the screen, and your done :)

Jackdeldev
08-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Sorry for the double posting :) I'll edit it next time.

I'm still having problems with the tile. :) I'll writte step by step what i'm doing.

Quest -> Graphics -> Combo : then I select a tile - Edit : Then I have a screen with "Edit Combo" and a list where you can choose but that's it. :) But can insert the tile i want on the screen.

What am I doing wrong.

Thanks for helping me :)
Sorry for the trouble :D

hellebeest
08-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Yes you can once followed the above instructions.

*b*
08-29-2004, 03:24 PM
I think yoiu're not setting the tile to the combo. click the first box to open the tile select screen, and click the tile you want assigned to that combo. click the second box and mark off where you don't want Link to walk on that combo (gray means Link can walk on it, pink means he can't. you can have the combo only half walkable, if you want). then click OK, then follow my instructions in my previous post

Jackdeldev
08-29-2004, 04:58 PM
Thanks for taking the time for helping me :) But I'm not getting it :laughing: I succeed to change one tile, but then all of the previous tile change into it. :laughing:

I'll try it tomorrow.
Thanks again :D

hellebeest
08-29-2004, 05:35 PM
:banghead: Like I said, press the Page Down button once or twice for more of them combo pages,
the second still has tiles on it so better press Page Down twice.
Now you have a blank combo page :clap: hope you get it now :)

Freedom
08-29-2004, 06:58 PM
man.....

Read the tutorials before trying to make a quest is step # 1

To place a combo on the screen simply click on it on the right side of the screen in zquest and then click that combo on the screen in the spot you want it in.
TO SEE MORE COMBOS hold down shift and press page up and page down to scroll through them OR go into etc and set to mouse scroll through them, then just hold the pointer at the top or bottom of the combos to the right and they will scroll.

All those posts above a complete jibberish, since you called combos "tiles" they are misunderstanding what you are trying to do and therefore explaining something unrelated, which will only serve to confuse you.

"tiles" can't be placed on the screen, only combos can, SO a tile has to be first placed into the combo pages to then be used on the screen as a combo.
If you call combos "tiles" then nobody will know what you are talking about.

Jackdeldev
08-30-2004, 02:36 PM
:laughing: I got it :laughing: Thank you thank you :) Sorry for the trouble you guys are great :D Well I did red the tutorials. But didn't sore that shift stuff.

Once again thank you and sooorry :D ( Jack handing over aspirin to everybody )

:)