PDA

View Full Version : Making midi's

hellebeest
08-28-2004, 12:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good and easy to use 'any audio file to midi' converter,
I don't really know if this is the right place to ask,
but since I will be using it for ZC I thought I'd give it a shot here.

ZTC
08-29-2004, 12:54 AM
Well, I've heard of such programs, but from what I heard, the final result of the file is left wanting.
From what it looks like, even if sucessful, you'll probably have to some *heavy* editing to make it sound like the way you want it to :shrug:
Hellebeest, I wish you luck on finding a converter.

hellebeest
08-29-2004, 07:32 AM
If anyone can help me with a freeware version,
those tbb only do 5-15 seconds from the beginning of the sound,
not only that but you can't save either :(

Dechipher
09-06-2004, 03:13 PM
The best thing to do is find someone who will do it by ear. You're not going to find something that is easy to use, free, and produces quality midis. The world doesnt' work like that. I have not yet found one myself that I could use, but if I do, I will let you know. Until you find one, I suggest looking around for musicians who are willing to create midis from audio files and work out some sort of agreement there.

hellebeest
09-06-2004, 06:04 PM
The only thing to do is to find a ...... for one of those programs,
don't need them anymore tho (although it would be nice) I found the midi's I wanted.
All I have to do now is the... HARD part, editing the tiles *starts sweating @ the thought*

Freelancer
10-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Well there is a midi maker if you are interested in making midis but there is not much else that I know of and what I have is free trail my big bro got me.

Squall
10-20-2004, 01:37 AM
Don't even bother dude. I'm a Pro-Audio Enginer in-training. I know how MIDI works smewhat. You're better off doing it from scratch. Any WAV-to-MID program will basically dump all your output shit into a single track and maybe give you the option to select an instrument. You'd be damn lucky if it assigned individual tracks but left your tempo at 100BPS or whatever the hell Default usually is in MIDI.

I wouldn't bother dude. Just do it by hand. If you do, I'd recommend Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, Reason, or some other Pro-Audio program.

Freelancer
10-21-2004, 07:55 PM
You are so nice...

VEL
10-21-2004, 09:48 PM
You are so nice...

Freelancer please put more thought into your posts, posts like this are considered spamming and are against the rules.
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=78500

Freelancer
10-29-2004, 04:27 PM
Sorrey I meant because I thought what he said was rude. I do not really like swearing. I think I should of commented guys who used worse language though.

zael
10-30-2004, 08:15 AM
There is a freeware program called anvil studios, it allows the use of multiple instruments, the only problem I had was that I play clarinet, not piano.