PDA

View Full Version : PM Box Status?

ShadowTiger
08-25-2004, 09:03 PM
Just a simple reminder to check your PM box. I PM'ed a few people recently, and they haven't even read it. (PM Tracker claims they're unread. Or is there some trick to reading them, and not verifying it? :eyebrow: ) And some people (Should I mention their names?) had completely full PM boxes. Too bad, really. I had some good stuff to refer to them. :shrug: .. :rolleyes:

Anyway, to make this thread have a point, what's the current status of your PM box? I used to have about 32% full at best, due to the amount of saved PM's I had. I have a PM from ShadowBlazer confirming a smily addition last year, a very long PM from a good friend, three PM's from members who had flamed me (And registered specifically just to do so. ;) ) I have PM's of rude Happy Birthday replies, PM's of old friends linking me things, and being linked to (Their replies.)

So how full is your PM box? If yours is full and can't figure out how to properly empty it, there are a few things you can do help empty it.

Master Ghaleon
08-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Usually all Pm's to me are titled "Why am I banned?" or "Please unban me"

Here are the others i usually get :

"Please join such and such a site"
"Play this instead of SE"
"how are ya doing"

That last one happens rarely but I always like to see them pop up.

goKi
08-25-2004, 10:10 PM
I've been cleaning my inbox regularly to make sure i can always accept midi contest submissions. Noone should ever have problems contacting me

*b*
08-25-2004, 10:12 PM
I have 18 PMs in total, all unread. most of them are to FCF, and not about ZC, actually

ShadowTiger
08-25-2004, 10:24 PM
Yeah, truth be told, I've noticed that a lot of the upper staff don't answer PM's. The Moderatorial staff usually don't have a problem with this, save for the relatively more inactive ones. I've sent people PM's months ago, and they go unanswered. Then again, I'm sure they're busy doing things we can't see by checking the online list, like.. .. answering.. PM's. >_<

me2
08-25-2004, 10:30 PM
0%.

I'm so lonely... :shakeno:

ShadowTiger
08-25-2004, 10:42 PM
I know what you mean. It's been a month or two since I've last recieved a PM at AGN. I get one every other day at PZC. I can't figure out why.

AtmaWeapon
08-25-2004, 11:35 PM
The super secret trick is as follows:

When the box pops up and says "User has requested a read receipt" you click "cancel" instead of OK.

I try to remember to not send read receipts because it's just extra stuff and if someone doesn't want to reply to my PM I just either get on with my life or go sit in a corner and cry. :emoticon: