PDA

View Full Version : Tile Warp problems

Jackdeldev
08-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Hey there, I'm having problmes with the entrance of the dungeons.

Ex: I place my entrance in screen "6A" and it should send me to the dungeons screen "70". But it keeps sending me to 6E :odd: ( I've done all the stuff with the maps.. )

And when i wane try my quest, test it, the entire screen is gray :scared: only the dungeons music..

:D Oh one more question... how can i reduce the size of the screen. It kind of big.

Thanks

sheru
08-20-2004, 11:56 PM
Have you tried the tutorial on using zquest editor by alphadawg? He explains your problem pretty well. When you made the DMAP for the dungeon, did you move the little bar near the bottom to center the dungeon for the map? That is what's causing your miswarp. Just keep in mind that when you move the dungeon so many spaces left and/or right. For example, let's say your dungeon's entrance is on map 2 screen 72. However when you were setting up your dmap, you had to center your map by moving it to the left twice. this means the warp system thinks your map is two spaces to the elft than it actually is, thus any warp you want to send to 72 needs to be sent to 70.

Jackdeldev
08-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Thanks, I think I understand now. :) I'll go try it out. :D