PDA

View Full Version : Staples...

Jakq
08-19-2004, 08:23 PM
DANG! Today I was riding on my bike back from the highschool (was seeing gf after band), road by the pool, theres this FREAKING chunk of pavement missing. I was like, ok, thats cool. I should be able to handle this, my shocks are decent enough. Well, before I hit the edge of the pavement, my bike tire slipped. I went flying, and the bike flipped over onto me at a high speed. I busted my head open (6 staples), tore up my chin, but thats fine now, my leg is screwed up from rub burn from my jean shorts, and on top of that, I stubbed my big toe!

Has anything like this happened to anyone else here?

blue kirby
08-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Ow... I haven't had anything that bad happen to me, or anyone I know, but my uncle flew off his bike and scraped himself up pretty bad twice in three days once. And he still doesn't wear a helmet, oddly enough. I figure something like that is enough to make you start wearing one...

But, I'm glad to hear you didn't get any permanent injuries.

ShadowTiger
08-19-2004, 08:43 PM
Well, my *friend* once stapled his finger in 7th grade. We were just standing around, idly talking about odd names for computer games, (Heh. Wargasm. :D ) when he placed his right index finger into the stapler, and calmly pressed down. Yeah. He screamed. Never would staple myself though.

Truth be told, I was about to make a reference to this topic, due to my original thought that this topic was about the Store, Staples, before I entered it. Wow.

Jakq
08-19-2004, 09:10 PM
LOL, I had to get staples from the ER. Now I can't even go to Cedar Point (sorry Ace!) but I am going to get a game (Yoshi's Island - I love that game) to help pass the time.

Archibaldo
08-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Ow! I hate bike accidents. Thats how I got my 6 stitches and my bike stolen.

Dechipher
08-19-2004, 10:10 PM
Just curious...what do you play in band? I'm willing to bet a Brass instrument, most likely a Trombone or Trumpet.

Breaker
08-19-2004, 10:24 PM
Unfortunately you didn't die. Atleast then you would have won a Darwin Award (http://www.darwinawards.com/).

moocow
08-19-2004, 10:46 PM
Um, I've had a blanket stapled to the bottom of my foot with a staple gun before, does that count?

Jakq
08-19-2004, 11:11 PM
Just curious...what do you play in band? I'm willing to bet a Brass instrument, most likely a Trombone or Trumpet.

Me? I don't play in band. My girlfriend does, and she plays the flute/picalo. I was watching practice. If my mom would have let me, I would have been in the baratone section.