PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial

Dark Nation
08-19-2004, 07:30 AM
I'm wanting a good tutorial (with screenshots and such) developed for the new version so that it will be available upon release. Anyone know of someone who is good at that sort of thing and might be willing to take a crack at it? If they are not already a beta tester, they would be made one at least until the next full release, probably even after that.

Blonde799
08-19-2004, 10:29 AM
Hey, that sounds like a good idea.:) Uh, when exactly would you want this person to start? Now? Whenever?

*b*
08-19-2004, 10:52 AM
I think AlphaDawg would be a good choice, since he wrote the first tutorial for ZC, but I'm not sure if he's still around anymore

I guess IDK would be a good second choice. people seem to like his tutorial(s?)

ShadowTiger
08-19-2004, 05:11 PM
Okay. Happyman, LinkTheMaster(LTM), and IDK would be prime choices for it.

Blonde799
08-19-2004, 07:03 PM
I just started working on one. I'll put it up to have it criticized once I have a good amount done.:p

OMG, one more thing DN. Do you want this tutorial to have the steps to install ZC also(like what files are required and all that)?

idontknow
08-19-2004, 07:30 PM
i wish i woulda known sooner about this--sorry guys, but i dont think i'll be doing a tutorial--at least not till i come back home for winter break or something like that, if not, next summer, cuz i'm starting college & i'll be too busy to be doing anything related to ZC and whatnot :(

Eckels
08-19-2004, 08:08 PM
I Actually started writing a db module for zc.com a while back that i was going to convert some of the tuts to work with. It would be great if a new and up-to-date complete tutorial could be compiled, whether it be from existing tuts or not, that I could put up on zc.com. I don't think any existing tutorial is wholly complete though, so it would take the work of a good editor to put the whole thing together (something I absolutely do not have the time for right now).

Blonde799
08-19-2004, 09:14 PM
Ok, hope this works. This is what I have so far to show(I'm a bit further along though). I know it's kind of incomplete, but it's not finished anyway. I'm looking for pointers on the content:Should I add more specific screenshots? Any other ideas to make it more readable/helpful?

The file is below. Unzip the file to your C Drive.

LinktheMaster
08-20-2004, 06:26 PM
I made a tutorial a while back. I could easily upgrade it to 1.93.
http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/LTM/Tutorial/Page00.htm
It's fully complete too. There's a few things that need to be added that I missed, but, an upgrade should only take a week or so. :shrug:

Blonde799
08-20-2004, 11:29 PM
*throws away*
Well LTM, you saved me a weekend.:p

LinktheMaster
08-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Heh, but, if mine is choosen, if need be, I could probably touch it up a bit, make it look more professional. Shouldn't take too long to add a strip along the right with urls and maybe an image at the top. I'm fairly flexible with it. :shrug:

Blonde799
08-21-2004, 10:22 PM
Haha. I've decided to continue with it, it didn't take too long to make a quest walkthrough. I'll probably be finished by Friday. The bad thing is, I think took too many images. It uses 27 now, and I'll probably end up using around 60 when I'm done. Now I see why other tutorials had so few.:laughing: I've learned new pic and HTML editing skills just making this thing.

Ganonator
08-22-2004, 02:04 PM
http://zc.thedpshack.com < LinktheMaster's tutorial

Blonde799
08-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Bleh, yours is lacking Ganonator.:p Time to get an upgrade.

Ganonator
08-23-2004, 12:46 AM
it really is, and the only reason I push it is the fact that I host it. I think we should start by updating AD's for the 1.93 world, and then add all of the newest stuff for it.

/two cents

LinktheMaster
08-23-2004, 06:07 PM
Oh, sorry Ganonator that I didn't send you the last one. When I was going to send it to you, I checked to see if you still had it up. I lost the site, and when I put it in, I must have put ZC after the site, and didn't see it. I figured you had deleted it so I found another host, if you wish, you can upload it to yours. I'm not sure how much longer this host will last. <.<

Any who, is there a decision on which one will make this. I mean, I'll probably end up converting mine anyway, I just need to know how soon I need to do this. :shrug:

And, I've got a test subject of the new look.
http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/LTM/Test.htm
It seems to mess up in Mozilla, but it works fine in IE. <.< Oh well, and the banner will be a GIF, but for some reason, I couldn't get it to accept a GIF format at the moment, I'll look into it. ;)

Eckels
08-23-2004, 06:19 PM
whatever tutorial does get released with ZC2.0 will be posted on zeldaclassic.com, and formatted as the rest of the site is. The design isn't so much a concern as the content. focus on the content.