PDA

View Full Version : Error loading 2nd.qst

Ramon
08-19-2004, 01:46 AM
Hi. I just downloaded and started playing Zelda Classic a couple of days ago. It was great remembering this old great game. Now, I finished the first quest without any major issues. However, right after beating Ganon and going through all the credits, I got a File Error dialog saying: "Error loading 2nd.qst: Doesn't match saved game E:\Windows\ZeldaClassic\2nd.qst". I clicked Ok, and went to the start screen again. Now I have this game that looks ready for the second quest (the Link icon has a sword), but I can't start it. Pressing start brings the same error dialog. Pressing A displays information about the entry being a Normal Game, 2nd Quest, Time Unknown, but pressing start from this screen also brings the error dialog. On the other hand, if I create another entry and name it Zelda, I can start it with no problems (it seems to correctly find the 2nd.qst file, and it is totally playable). So this seems to be only an issue with finishing the first quest and getting it upgraded to second quest. For the sake of safety, I duplicated my entry right before beating Ganon, so my three saved files look as follows: First entry is my unplayable second quest that was upgraded from my first quest. Second entry is the copy I made from my first entry right before beating Ganon, so it has exactly the same name as my first entry, and its a playable first quest game with all the items and everything ready. Third entry is a playable second quest that I created by naming it as Zelda. I don't know if the issue is related to the fact that I have two entries with the same name, one being a 1st qst while the other being a 2nd qst. Or maybe it's just the fact that it was upgraded. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know I can still play the second quest, I was just trying to do it through my normal game and not through the trick :-). Thanks!

ZTC
08-19-2004, 01:56 AM
This question has been asked before, but right now, the only fix(that I know of) is to do the name trick. It also happens when going from 2nd quest to 3rd quest. To do the trick for that quest, type Alpha as the character's name. Then you'll be on the 3rd quest. No other way aroud it :shrug: