PDA

View Full Version : Make your decisions accordingly.

AtmaWeapon
08-18-2004, 12:34 AM
ok, ITT (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=81428&highlight=ilovebees.com) Masamune brought up a website that had apparently been hacked and was connected to the Halo 2 trailer.

I bring it up again because I found this site (http://qube.netninja.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page), which shows me a lot more work has gone into this "hack" than I once thought.

See the corrupted images? It's because text has been inserted into the images. The text tells a pretty interesting story.

Speculation is this is some kind of game, one where everything seems real. The person's blog and email responses are strong evidence, but the fact that some "augmented reality game" forum members recieved packages of honey that contained letters that spelled "I love bees" shows this is some kind of riddle.

I don't have the time or resources to decipher a lot of this stuff, but I've been reading what they have figured out all day and it is pretty :cool:

Go ahead and open images in Notepad. The text is there for you to see.

I once thought this was a cheap marketing gimmick, but now that I see the work that was put into it, I think it was a cool marketing gimmick. I wonder what will happen when The Operator has her body?

*edit* Firefox is being a jerk and not displaying the images right. Probably something whiny like "Oh but improperly hacked images are a security risk" or something else. I haven't tried Opera, but I'm guessing your computer will catch on fire or something if you use it to view the page because it uses HTML and CSS and not OperaTML.

I'm pretty sure it's safe to use IE for like 2 minutes to visit one site that hundreds of other people have been to without getting spyware infected.

fatcatfan
08-18-2004, 12:35 PM
There's also some wav files embedded in the page. Not sure what's hidden in them. Gonna try playing them backwards and at different frequencies. One of the sounds like a Tuskan Raider (or are they Sand People) call in the background with someone repeating "I love bees" overlaid on top.

AtmaWeapon
08-19-2004, 12:33 AM
Holy smokes, if you get the chance, look over the guide (http://www.cloudmakers.org/guide/) to the AI game. I had no idea about it and I feel left out and disappointed that I miseed it.

People who make stuff like this make me happy. I hope ilovebees doesn't disappoint.

fatcatfan
08-19-2004, 01:12 AM
The only thing anyone has been able to clearly identify in the audio files so far is "connection" when you play changling-voice backwards. I'd imagine that after the next update on August 24th the Queen will have learned to speak to us.

AtmaWeapon
08-19-2004, 09:27 AM
Yes, I don't think the game is going to be over on August 24th like some people think. At first I figured it'd just be a Halo 2 trailer but it seems to me that too much effort has been put into this and not enough has been revealed for them to end it yet. There's probably at least 2 more stages in this game.

I've started watching the forum now. I don't know why but this tech-mystery stuff really appeals to me.

fatcatfan
08-20-2004, 04:01 AM
Here's the only thing I've managed to extract that's clear. "Connection" is clear if you play that file backwards, but there's at least one more word, I just haven't decided for certain what it is. I split the original into frequency bands for below human speech, human speech, and above human speech (based on the info at http://www.tnt-audio.com/topics/frequency_e.html). Playing the high frequency band in reverse, "connection" is still clear, but another syllable follows it shortly which seems obviously to be the same voice speaking. So I clipped it down to just those two syllables and reversed it again (so now it's playing "forward") and it seems to clearly say "live". So we've got a live connection. *shrug* Someone else had already got this far, but I'm more convinced now that I've done it myself.

AtmaWeapon
08-24-2004, 09:34 AM
Happy Bee Day.

Seek the truth
Behold the truth
Reveal the truth
That is the law and the whole of the law