PDA

View Full Version : What would you think of a zelda rpg game?

idontknow
08-17-2004, 10:01 PM
I think a zelda RPG game would rock!
Playable characters you could be:
1. Link
2. Zelda
3. Zora
4. Saria
5. Darunia
6. Raru
7. Naboo
You start out with only Link (of course) and you progress through a story, with random battles & boss battles! I would love to see this! Navy would provide you with detailing enemy data such as enemy HP & MP and weaknesses.

Possible enemies:
1. Stalfos
2. Stalfos King (boss)
3. Molbins
4. Super Molbin (miniboss)
5. Mega Molbin (boss)
6. Deku Scrub
7. Keese
8. Wizzrobes
9. Evil Goron (a boss i made up)
10. Poes
11. Skulltula
12. Darknut
13. Deathknights
14. Armos
15. Armos King (boss)
16. Twinrova (boss)
17. Dongo Dongo (boss)
18. Baby Dongo
19. Volvaga (Boss)
20. Baby Ghoma
21. Ghoma (boss)
22. Gel
23. Like like
24. Zol
25. Gerudo Pirate
26. Evil Zoras
27. Deku Babas
28. Iron Knuckles (miniboss)
29. Odoruwa (boss)
30. King Yigorse (miniboss)
31. Majora's Mask (boss)
32. Ganon (final boss)
33. wallmasters

Items (for all to use)
1. Green Potion
2. Red Potion
3. Bombs
4. Powder Kegs
5. Blue Potion
6. Fairies
7. Rupees
8. Bomb Bag
9. Deku Nuts
10. Bombchu's
11. Bottles/Jars
12. Milk
13. Mana Milk
14. Arrows (for Link & Raru's arrow supply)
15. Pebbles (for Saria's Slingshot)
16. Gold Skulltula Coins (collect these rare items for special rewards)

Weapons & Equipment:
1. Hookshot (Link): Used on overworlds to reach platforms but also can be used in combat!
2. Kokiri Sword (Saria)
3. Magic Sword (Link)
4. Fire Sword (Link)
5. Master Sword (Link)
6. Fairy's Blade (Link)
7. Biggoron's Sword (Darunia)
8. Din's Fire (Link)
9. Nayru's Love (Zelda)
10. Iron Staff (Zelda)
11. Hyrulian Staff (Zelda)
12. Magic Staff (Zelda)
13. Ice Staff (Zelda)
14. Spiked Glove (Darunia)
15. Duel Boomerangs (Zora)
16. Flippers (Zora)
17. Bomb Arrows (Raru)
18. Light Arrow (Raru)
19. Bow & Arrows (Link)
20. Zora Blade (Zora)
21. Ruto's Ring (Zora)
22. Fairy Ocarina (Saria)
23. Ocarina of Time (Link)
24. Slingshot (Saria)
25. Legendary Belt (Raru)
26. White Tunic (Raru)
27. Farore's Wind (Saria)
28. Deku Leaf (Saria)
29. Poseidon's Fury (Zora)
30. Eel Orb (Zora)
31. Magic Trident (Raru)
32. Magic Boomerang (Link)
33. Fire Tunic (Link)
34. Deku Shield (Saria & Link)
35. Hyrulian Shield (Link & Zelda)
36. Earth Pendant (Raru)
37. Water Pendant (Zora)
38. Fire Orb (Darunia)
39. Silver Gauntlets (Darunia)
40. Skull Necklace (Darunia)
41. Royal Bracelet (Zelda)
42. Gerudo Gauntlets (Naboo)
43. Gerudo Daggers (Naboo)
44. Zues's Wrath (Naboo)
45. Pendant of Passion (Zelda)
46. Pendant of Mystery (Saria)
47. Pirate's Pendant (Naboo)
48. Ivory Cane (Raru)
49. Cane of Darkness (Raru)
50. Cane of Light (Raru)

Each piece of equipment or item gives special abilities to the character who equips it, or increases Agility, magic power, strength, defense, etc!

I would love such a game! Any ideas or opinions?

EDIT: Just thought of possible attacks/moves/abilities
1. Link
--Slash (just a general attack of the sword on an enemy, costs no MP)
--Sword Thrust (uses the equipped sword & jumps forward and thrusts his sword swiftly upon an enemy, doing somewhat more damage than a simple slash; costs 6 MP)
--Arrow Shot (shoot an arrow if the bow is equipped & the arrow counter is greater than 0--when selected, a submenu appears to select "Normal" or other arrows when available (bomb, fire, ice, light, & dark arrows)
2. Zelda
--Magic Attack (uses a staff if equipped to shoot regular magic at an enemy--MP costs=2)
--Staff Slash (physically hits the enemy with the staff, but pretty weak--no mp cost)
--Nayru's Love--when obtained, she can cast this spell on the party (its like casting "protect"--increases defense on party)
3. Zora
--Attack (uses his hands to punch enemy, or a blade, if equipped)
--Duel B'Rangs (shoots 2 boomerangs at two different opponents at once)
--Eel Orb (uses MP to create an electric barrier around him which temporarlily reflects some attacks & also does damage to any enemy who touches him
4. Saria
--Attack (standard attack, she kicks the opponent with her boots)
--Slingshot: If she has ammo, she can load up her slingshot & shoot opponents from a distance
--Play Ocarina: When chosen, a submenu appears for her to select available songs. Each song has an effect, such as possibly stunning enemies, or increasing the parties agility or defense, etc.
5. Darunia
--Punch (standard attack, punches opponent)
--Pound (Does slight damage to all opponents by doing a ground pound--4 MP)
--Bomb Flower (pulls out a bomb flower if he has them available to blow up opponents)
--Biggoron Thrust: If the Biggoron sword is equipped, he can do a sword thrust similar to Link & do greater damage to enemies than a punch.
6. Raru
--Cane Attack (uses Canes as his weapon of choice to hit opponents--no mp cost)
--Magic Spell: A submenu appears for him to choose what magic he wants to use (only available when using a magic cane--like the dark cane casts harmful spells on opponents & light cane casts spells to cure party & ailments
7. Naboo
--Dagger Dash (Standard attack, runs up to opponent & swiftly uses her daggers to stab opponents)
--Darkness (Ails opponents with Darkness status so they are not very accurate when attempting to hit any members of the party)

Gameplay
--The gameplay would be turned based (like in FFX)
--Link can walk around on main overworlds & towns but also can use items such as the hookshot to help him get to certain areas and can use the ocarina to change the weather/time of day, and can call Epona.
--The story should be that he recalls some of the sages (including Zelda) to help him defeat Ganon again--takes place after the story of OoT
--Spells & Special attacks costs MP, which can be replenished by green potions & magic jars.
--HP="Heart Points" which is amount of health for all players & enemies & can be replenished one heart at a time (via hearts), or more quickly by drinking milk, potions, etc. (heart containers add to your max HP)
--Can use 3 players in battle at one time (can switch players in & outta battle one at a time by pressing R trigger or something)

ShadowTiger
08-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Interest. Very interesting, IDK. I agree, a Zelda RPG would be nice, but how would it be managed? I mean, what engine would it use, what interface, combat style, etc?

idontknow
08-17-2004, 10:32 PM
I changed my post a great deal! Read the bottom part of it for gameplay ideas!

EDIT: I wish i could work for a game-producing company :( I wish i knew anything about programming :( Maybe i could study something like this in college, but what classes would i have to take and how hard would it be to learn?

blue kirby
08-17-2004, 10:40 PM
Wow, you put a lot of work into thinking about that! It would be a great idea. I mean, the Zelda games are in a perfect RPG world. I think it would be a good idea if the game had some sort of Cucco attack summon, I know all of us have wanted to harness the power of the cuccos at one time or another during the games.

Orion
08-17-2004, 11:34 PM
I think an SoM style RPG would be cool for Zelda. Maybe add combo atacks and stuff, but also add the puzzle elements of the Zelda games. Could be a good mix. Honestly I think it would be a better direction than the four swords tangent nintendo has been on lately.

Archibaldo
08-18-2004, 08:16 AM
IDK, you gotta become a vide game desinger. You always have good ideas for games and some day I hope to see them on store shelves possibly.

idontknow
08-18-2004, 12:16 PM
IDK, you gotta become a vide game desinger. You always have good ideas for games and some day I hope to see them on store shelves possibly

I would love that!!! Isn't there a lotta money involved in that too!? Of course, more than anything, it'd be lotsa fun to have such a career! But i dont know anything about doing that sorta stuff! I'd prob have to go to a tech school to do something like that!

MottZilla
08-18-2004, 02:20 PM
That's a horrible idea. All we need to do is combine Wind Waker graphics and sound with an rpg gameplay and you'll have in my opinion the biggest piece of shit known to man. But then again, I hate what "rpgs" have become. They should be renamed Ridiculusly Long Stat Building Blackhole. Really, it's just boring, I'm amazed how much people like them. But like I said, I don't like what RPGs have become, I'm more for Action games. Esspecially fast paced action games like F-Zero GX. I like games that require you to develop SKILL of some kind. RPGs, wow, push the buttons 56756756756756 times over the course of way too many hours/days/months and you are the strongest character in the game and can't lose. Wow that's exciting.

idontknow
08-18-2004, 07:17 PM
Who said anything about windwaker graphics & sounds? I mean a realistic RPG game similar to Final Fantasy, with Ocarina of Time Graphics, or better yet, the graphics that are to be used for the new zelda game--why not take such graphics & gameplay and make it into an RPG?

In a sense, zelda games already have soo many rpg elements to them--specifically the story & dialogue elements! I would just like to see items used in a new way & the ability to play as other characters during combat.

The only potential i see is voices & sound effects being somewhat weak, but they could just use the "voices" like that of SSBM, where link groans every so often or says "Hiiii-Ya!" when attacking.

EDIT: Hears what each playable character uses for a main weapon:
1. Link-Different Swords (good for all around physical attacks)
2. Zelda-Staffs (great for magic)
3. Saria-Kokiri Slingshot (good for long distance)
4. Darunia-Gauntlets (good for packing powerful punches)
5. Zora-Blades (good for slashing enemies)
6. Raru-Canes (good for magic)
7. Naboo-Duel Daggers (good for close-up slashing)

vegeta1215
08-18-2004, 10:57 PM
That's a horrible idea. All we need to do is combine Wind Waker graphics and sound with an rpg gameplay and you'll have in my opinion the biggest piece of shit known to man. But then again, I hate what "rpgs" have become. They should be renamed Ridiculusly Long Stat Building Blackhole. Really, it's just boring, I'm amazed how much people like them. But like I said, I don't like what RPGs have become, I'm more for Action games.

That is exactly the reason why I bought Tales of Symphonia. Aside from being gorgeous, with pretty good sound/music and an interesting story, the linear battle system is such a breath of fresh air in an otherwise boring sea of turn based RPGs. (Mario and Luigi excluded)

You should give it a try Mottz. I rented it and got hooked. The fact that it's cel-shaded and has anime style characters (with good voice acting), makes it even more appealing. Plus it's characters are really great.

Pangolin
08-20-2004, 10:52 AM
Its sounds interesting. My only worry would be that the atmosphere would change a bit. I mean, Links always been alone, (With the two exceptions in WW), and this makes you think that HES the hero. But I'd love to play Darunia.
Why not use RPGMAKER 2000 for it? Its easy to use.

Dechipher
08-20-2004, 05:58 PM
It's also extraordinarily limited and cannot produce anything outside of the engines capabilities. This would require a new engine to use, especially if it were to be good.

blue kirby
08-20-2004, 10:28 PM
What about RPG Maker 2? I'm not very good at it yet, but I think you can make up your own battle engine out of scratch if you're really good at it. But it would take forever to make.

King
08-21-2004, 10:27 AM
A Zelda RPG sounds cool, but I do not want to see random battles.

Pangolin
08-21-2004, 05:14 PM
Good point. How about having the monsters on screen as per usual, but when touched, the fight begins?

Orion
08-21-2004, 07:07 PM
I think a Chrono Trigger-type setup would work well enough for that.

MottZilla
08-22-2004, 02:45 PM
I don't have anything against cell shading. It's just nintendo's wind waker is for whatever reason so retarded and gay. It's too fucked up, in my opinion. Anyways, Zelda is not the current definition of "rpg" and hopefully never will be. Nowdays when you say rpg people think Final Fantasy or equivilient of uninvolved command based battling that requires 476564554 million experience points to be strong enough to kill things. Wow so exciting.

Anyways, I may look into ToS, what system is it for?

vegeta1215
08-22-2004, 03:01 PM
Anyways, I may look into ToS, what system is it for?

Nintendo Gamecube ;)