PDA

View Full Version : A question to the developers of ZC...

Hungover Pleco
08-16-2004, 05:47 PM
First of all, hi everyone, and great job to whoever made ZC.

Now to my point...

I come from the ZodiacGamer forums. If you don't know, the Zodiac is an "underground" handheld, much like the GP32. Although there are real games for it, most of the good stuff for it is homebrew.

Just recently, one of our forum members discovered the ZC project and was quite impressed. We all agreed that this would be a perfect thing to port, so I've come here to ask the developers about it.

Since you are making it for Windows/Mac/Linux, why not a Zodiac port? Or, if you don't know an ounce of Palm OS programming, you could just make the project open source and we could port it to the Zodiac ourselves.

Thank you.
HungoverPleco of ZG forums.

*b*
08-16-2004, 06:23 PM
from what I've heard, ZC is not an open source project, and never will be. well, at least it won't be for a very long time

that's all I'm going to say, so I don't start making assumptions

plith
08-16-2004, 08:57 PM
Although, if you are looking for something opensource and haven't already, you may want to check out http://www.openzelda.com. The site isn't much to look at the moment since Nintendo sent them a mild warning, but I'm pretty sure it's open-source.

ZTC
08-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Thanks for showing me where I can find OZ, cause I was gonna ask where can I find it :D

Foxx
08-17-2004, 12:57 AM
Good heavens, that letter was a "mild warning?"

If I were in charge of a site like this and I got that letter, I would have stained my pants.

I wonder what a harsh warning from Nintendo would read like.... well, I suppose they didn't threaten to fine GU or take them to court or anything....