PDA

View Full Version : More Tricks...

idontknow
08-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Lets start another thread about tricks--i seriously think we should have another thread entitled "Tricks & Tips" where people give advice or have discussions about actually designing dungeons, puzzles, overworlds, etc. (like at purezc.com)

Anyway, here's some tricks for ya:
1. Ever notice how when you blow the whistle on a certain space & secrets appear but nothing happens to the actually space that you're on? In other words, there's no "secret combo" for the whistle trigger flag. Well, you can assign a completely transparent screen to layer 1 or 2 of the screen you want the whistle trigger on. Then you place a "secret tile" flag (such as flag #16) on layer 1 or 2, above the whistle flag, and then set that secret combo to whatever you want the tirigger to look like after the whistle is blown

2. Not really a trick, per say, but you can have a dungeon where certain "passages" side warp to the very beginning! This would be great for like a "fun house" type level

...I'll have more in a little bit--for now, you guys can discuss these two ideas or brainstorm some more!

ShadowTiger
08-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Actually, there's the stairs icon next to the link placement squares and the item placement thing. I've noticed that when I do something, like push blocks to trigger a secret, the stairs icon appears wherever I've set it. You can do that, but it's only one combo worth. :-/