PDA

View Full Version : A question on level palettes

sheru
08-14-2004, 10:05 PM
Starting off editing my first quest quest by creating a number of new tiles. Nothing too much, just enough that the quest has a slighty different feel. As I've gone into creating my first dungeon level, I find that the tiles I've created don't display right at all in the new palette. Now I originally created the new tile in cset 1, using the last five colors for the castle walls and doors I made. Using the colors of the overworld for a dungeon tile thatI mixed with the new colors, they display exactly as I wnat them in the overworld. Yet now, as I try to create my first dungeon using dungeon level 8's color scheme, cset 1 still has the new colors I setup for my wall, but the floor tile color is this strange orange, not the gray and blue I wanted for the first dungeon.

Now before I try to change something that might screw up everything, I need to figure out, do I need to edit the main csets or do I need to edit dungeon level 8's csets? I ask because in the future, I might want to use different csets from main to edit different colors for my castle walls as well as to edit new tiles. I don't know if messing with dungeon level 8's csets will affect the main group or not, Note that all my other main cset's still have black in the slots that I made five new colors for my castle wall tiles.

Freedom
08-14-2004, 11:29 PM
edit the tiles you made to fit the level palette, paint a screen or at leat put a tile on it, go to palette and put in the level pal. you want then go into tiles and you will be working in those colors, then simply recolor your new tiles to fit.

IF you change the level palette, it will effect everything that is colored with that palette.

sheru
08-14-2004, 11:32 PM
Ah, excellent, it works out fine, thanks much