PDA

View Full Version : Oi! Help please!

Joe_TFD
08-14-2004, 11:12 AM
I want to make a room where speech and an item appear, yet there's no guy. I also want it to be in a cave with multiple rooms. (Sort of like the Isle Of The Winds quest.) Can someone help, I've tried everything!

Espo
08-14-2004, 01:12 PM
you'll need a cave dmap. just make whatever rooms in you want and make one of them the room with the item. on that screen set the message string, room type as sp. item, and set the guy as fire. Then go to the tiles page and delete the tile for the guy "fire". This should be on the first page of the tiles pages but I'm not exactly sure where. it'll be the one that looks like fire. some tile sets don't even include this guy i nthe tile page. This should work just fine.

Joe_TFD
08-15-2004, 10:04 AM
Thank you! There is yet another thing I wish to know. Boss music! It's another thing I saw in the Isle of the Winds quest. When Link entered the Boss room or the "Mini Boss" room, the music changed. How do you do that? Do you have to make separate Dmaps?

ZTC
08-16-2004, 03:11 AM
Thank you! There is yet another thing I wish to know. Boss music! It's another thing I saw in the Isle of the Winds quest. When Link entered the Boss room or the "Mini Boss" room, the music changed. How do you do that? Do you have to make separate Dmaps?

Yeah, ya have to do that. Once you've done the dmaps, use a side-warp to go to the dmap with the boss music(scrolling warp), but you must remember to use the trigger(like triggering a side warp going up one room, make sure that the top "door" trigger is red, and vice-versa when going back to the other room so that the music changes)

Sephiroth
08-17-2004, 10:30 AM
Yeah, ya have to do that. Once you've done the dmaps, use a side-warp to go to the dmap with the boss music(scrolling warp), but you must remember to use the trigger(like triggering a side warp going up one room, make sure that the top "door" trigger is red, and vice-versa when going back to the other room so that the music changes)
or any other side which you want to scroll to is triggered so that the side that leads to the boss room will trigger the sidewarp. :)