PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Isle of the Winds

Eskyris
08-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Can someone help me out in Isle of the Winds made by DarkFlameWolf? The first game I'm playing of ZC and I'm already stuck in the beginning! Level 1 to be precise. I don't kwow where to go. I see tiles with musicnotes on them and I read in document that came with the game that you can use a flute on these tiles. But where can I find this flute? And what about the superbombs the people keep talking about? Are those found around or do I get them further in the game?

SirNiko
08-13-2004, 07:17 PM
The first dungeon isn't so hard. I'm not going to give you a complete walkthrough.... i'll just give you some tips.

Look for walls with odd patterns on them. This indicates you can bomb them. If you run out of bombs, you'll have to buy more in town. Saving up could take a while.

Also make sure you try killing all the enemies in a room, and pushing all of the blocks. This is usually the way secret whatevers are hidden.

Every dungeon has a compass, map, and at least one (Often more than one) item or weapon to collect. There's also a boss key to open the special boss door, and enough keys to open all the doors in the level and have one left over. That last detail's important, 'cause you'll need those extra keys later in the game.

As for your specific questions, yeah, the whistle can be found in that level. Super bombs are needed to reach every level OTHER than one, so don't worry about them until you finish the first dungeon. they're out there, somewhere....

Good luck. The game is pretty hard, but the clever puzzles and lovely graphics make it worth the effort.

-SirNiko

Eskyris
08-14-2004, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the help! I know how it works with keys, map, compass, pushing blocks and all that and I have allready bombed walls and even a block with cracks. But stupid me overlooked a block with cracks which was the way to the flute. So now I have the flute and I can go further. You're right, the dungeon isn't that hard, if I didn't overlook such a simple thing! I always look for the hard solution to a problem. So far I really like the game, the music is good too!
Well, thanks again!

DarkFlameWolf
08-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Always look for unusual aspects like cracked blocks or weird patterns on the dungeon floors, they signal secrets. ;)

nofloyd
08-19-2004, 08:19 PM
I may have missed a key in level 6. I've finished the dungeon, found the cross and lens. Registering 5 keys. It looks like there is one room in the upper right quadrant I've not reached and can't find a way there. Any tips?

I've also done level A and part of B. I don't remember using up keys on any locked doors in those.

Thanks for any help.

DarkFlameWolf
08-20-2004, 12:20 AM
well, by the end of level 6, you should register 6 extra keys. Try to remember if you had 5 extra when you beat level 5. That should narrow down your search to just level 6.

nofloyd
08-20-2004, 06:04 AM
I've been checking that the # of keys mataches the level. I had 5 at the end of 5. In 6 there is a room to the right of the <repeating room with 1 correct exit, forget what that's called>.
That's the one I can't find.

DarkFlameWolf
08-20-2004, 12:03 PM
the maze room. Try looking at the blocks in the center of the room with your magical lens. That shall show you the correct path.