PDA

View Full Version : Grand Turismo & N4S

idontknow
08-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Are Grand Turismo & Need for Speed good racing games? I've never played any of these games but i hear good things. Which is better?/Which do you prefer and why?

Gerudo
08-12-2004, 03:47 PM
depends on what game in the NFS franchise you get. I like Underground while a friend of mine likes Hot Pursuit / High Stakes.

Gran Turismo is circuit racing while beefing up your car, and i think generally has the "realisitic" feel going for it, while NFS goes for the exotic cars on long winding back roads, cities, and whatnot.

personailly, i like the NFS series better than GT, because of the aforementioned facts. i wanna be able to speed down highways, or trying to outrun cops, or bust speeders as a cruiser.

VT_Hokie_Fan
08-13-2004, 12:19 AM
NFS ownz the gt series. I hate the gran turismo games because you can't turn worth crap and the cars aren' customizable, unlike the newest NFS game, underground, which has spoilers and rims and vinyls and stuff. c00li0

Dark Knight
08-13-2004, 12:48 PM
I hate the gran turismo games because you can't turn worth crap

Funny, I never had any problems turning.

Anyways, I prefer NFS over GT for the very same reasons that Gerudo posted.

Eskyris
08-18-2004, 03:08 PM
I guess it depends on what kind of race games you like to play. If you like realistic race games, go for Gran Turismo. If you like arcade, go for Need for Speed. Like Gerudo was mentioning, there are two different NfS's. One with tropical cars in tropical area's and the other, Underground, is about streetracing. I've got them all and like them all. So, it really depends on what you prefer. Have fun! Let us know when you bought one of these games :)

Pablo
08-18-2004, 08:54 PM
GT is more of an interactive car museum with a simulation/racing mode as an afterthought, while NFS is a fast, insane, arcade-style racer. It really all depends on whether you want realism in your racing game.

AlexMax
08-18-2004, 09:34 PM
Both of them suck. MSR and the Project Gotham series kick both their asses.