PDA

View Full Version : i can't get ZC quest editor to run correctly...

HMF
08-12-2004, 12:16 AM
first off, hello, just joined the forums.

now to the problem, and i'm sorry if this is in the wrong section...
ok, here's the problem when i run the quest editor, it will only show up right in windowed mode, and when i do windowed mode, it will only "run" if i click and hold on the menu bar for the program... i hope someone can help, and thanks in advance.

*b*
08-12-2004, 12:40 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "run". does it freeze untill you click the title bar, or will it not animate combos, or what?

HMF
08-12-2004, 12:53 AM
i can't even get the screen to show up, i have not even layed a single tile down with this program because of this problem... i open the window, and freezes until i click and hold the menu bar, and when i let go, it freezes again, not allowing me to do anything with the program. and then, when i do full screen version, this is what showas up:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/brubaker/WTF.bmp
and nothing happens.

*b*
08-12-2004, 11:56 AM
with that poor color, it's hard to tell what's going on, but it looks like your program is being put in the background automatically

you have Windows XP, maybe you have the wrong version? Pro seems to work best with ZC. if you don't have it, maybe you should upgrade to that?

Freedom
08-12-2004, 12:27 PM
*b*,
XP Pro costs $169.00 bucks.
That's a chink of change to shell out just to play free games.

It can be made to work with XP home, many others are doing it, have been several discussions about it, me, I use 98 so don't have the problems, but I've noticed some of the complaints and fixes.

Turn off window blinds
make yourself the system administrator
and I believe there is a way to have xp act like windows 98, only I didn't catch or remember what way that was set up.

It will work, just will require some tweaking.

HMF
08-12-2004, 04:22 PM
i'm not going tweak anything on this computer, it's not mine, it's my dads, so i can't be the administrator. and yes, i run on XP home edition, but so does my mom and dads' laptop, but the program works on it....

*b*
08-12-2004, 04:24 PM
maybe your computer dosen't have the right stuff to run it. try installing the latest version of Direct X, see if that helps

and freedom, if he were running in XP Pro, ZC wouldn't even open long enough for him to click the menu

Freedom
08-12-2004, 04:25 PM
guess you're out of luck.

*b*
How do you know?
You're assuming that ALL systems running XP Pro are the same and all systems running xp home are the same, and all running 98.....
don't work that way *b*, It could be as simple as NO ag.cfg file, or a complicated as a virus scan or some other program interfering with the program, or any number of other things in between like the wrong Alleg.dll or old version of direct X, but none of it matters because he said he is unwilling to attept to get it to run anyway.