PDA

View Full Version : widescreen and ZC

Ganonator
08-09-2004, 12:03 AM
I've been playing ZC for many a year on a regular PC, and today was the first time I was able to test it out on a widescreen monitor - my new laptop. zelda-w.exe is great. It plays fine, looks right, and is as beautiful as ever. (yes it's stretched, but the border works)

Sadly, ZQuest isn't quite the same. everything's rather stretched out. and looks shitacuar. Is there a way to add a border with maybe a command line option? zquest.exe -border?

I guess you'll have to try it out for yourself to get it working. I specifically bought this HP w/ the numpad so I could use and test ZC. Would this be cool?

Dark Nation
08-09-2004, 07:36 AM
It might be possible, but don't hold your breath as attempting such a fix could take time. Why not run it in windowed mode?

Ganonator
08-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Why not run it in windowed mode? With both the combination of bad mouse control when using the double size, and the double size isn't that big on a native of 1440x900, i like to run it full screen.

Dark Nation
08-09-2004, 04:28 PM
I don't mean with the -large switch in ZQuest. Use the -scale switch (I think). You can specify a scaling mode.

As for a permanent fix, I'll look into it, but don't hold your breath for anything soon.