PDA

View Full Version : Shadowgate

Deviance
08-08-2004, 12:36 PM
Have you ever played this game? It is for the nes. I would like to know if it would be a good idea if I made a game based on it.

Ganonator
08-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Shadowgate was one of the greatest adventure-puzzle games that ever existed. It had a fine twist between mystery and fantasy that kept players coming back for more.

One weekend last year, I sat down and beat it like 5 times in a row just to learn the whole game in and out. Pretty fucking cool.

If you were to make a game like this, how would you present it? Would the perspective change at all? I think expanding on the originals idea is a great idea.

Do it!! over and out.

vegeta1215
08-08-2004, 01:51 PM
I played the Shadowgate re-release on a Gameboy emulator. It was a pretty neat game. I didn't play all the way through though - I've never really been a big adventure game fan. Maniac Mansion is one of the few that I've played that I really like. Also, the Jurassic Park adventure game on Sega CD was fun (Sega CD had amazing graphics for its time too)

It would be a good idea to make a program that lets you create your own adventure game in a similar manner.

Master Ghaleon
08-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Maniac Mansion kicked ass

Yea, you should make a Shadowgate type game. I always liked that game and I remember how it took me forever to figure out how to kill the dragon at the end :D

Deviance
08-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Well since I been learning delphi, That is why I asked it because I can test the limits of my self on programming. I will start on it tomorrow.

Ganonator
08-08-2004, 02:57 PM
yea!! that will rock.

Good luck on the endeavor

slothman
08-08-2004, 04:57 PM
I liked that game. Even after I did it I couldn't remember all the stuff so it wasn't easy the next time. I know I'd play more quests. Even the music was cool. The only bad thing was stuff like trying to control a "mouse" pointer with a pad and the "long" time of scrolling through all the items.