PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite Mega Man bot and why?

Glenn the Great
08-07-2004, 03:42 PM
If it isn't apparant to you all by now, Forte is my favorite. He's known in America as Bass but I call him Forte because that was his original Japanese name which he was known by first.

He is so cool because he's like Mega Man's exact opposite. He's very mysterious and he has incredible strength, as evidenced by today's episode of Mega Man NT Warrior. Too bad he got deleted, or at least that's what it looks like happened.

As you can see in my sig I've been working off and on on an artificial intelligence that I can put up on AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo!, and IRC. I haven't been working on it recently for lack of ideas. I'm a good AI designer but I'm not too creative. It's going to take hundreds of hours of work before any of you see him because I want him to be believable and not something whipped up in 5 minutes. Those hours can be lessened if anyone wants to work on the project with me, because the way it works, you can build in isolated fragments, each having to do with a particular subject, then submit them to the lead designer who assembles them together. Anyone with the slightest idea of how to program can help. Just download BuddyScript SDK and it comes with a really long tutorial because there are many things you can do with it.

Ganonator
08-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Shadow Man. He's tight, quick to attack, and can kick Megaman's ass in an instant.. Boooyakashaw!

Monica
08-07-2004, 04:31 PM
My favorite is Roll because she's the lead female, damsel and tough also. :)

Kairyu
08-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Since you seem to have based your reasons for your choice on the EXE/Battle Network series, I assume this is about our favorite Mega Man character, not neccessarily our favorite origional series character?

I'd have to say... Jet Stingray, Mega Man X 4. Seriously. Why?

How many other Robot Masters, Mavericks, Navis, etc. have the common sense to fight you DURING the level, and heal before the real fight, IF the hero makes it?

I rest my case.

*b*
08-07-2004, 06:09 PM
I want to say Zero, but I'm not sure. there are so many other awsomel reploids (or as they're known nowdays, repliroids), it's hard to choose. Omega X(RMZ) is cool, and so is the Omega Reploid(RMZ3)... so many choices...

probably Zero. he has a sword, and it's green. what more needs to be said?

Link 101
08-07-2004, 06:25 PM
I am going with *b* on that one. Zero pwns all other characters in the game. I alos like Omega from RMZ 3 though...

Masamune
08-07-2004, 06:48 PM
Metalman, I remember playing MM2 for the first time and seeing Metalman there at the bottom looking scary as hell.

Glenn the Great
08-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Yeah, you know, in Megaman 2 if you fight all of the enemies in the correct order, you start with Bubble Man and end with Metal Man. So you'd think Metal Man would be the toughest, but he's just as easy to take down with normal shots as Bubble Man is. The conveyor belt adds some extra difficulty but at least there aren't any spikes on the ceiling. I'm glad that in Megaman NT for the GCN, touching spikes won't kill you, it just takes off a hell of a lot of your energy.

But yes, Kairyu is right, this is any bot in any of the Mega Man universes. Heck lets say you get to choose a favorite human character, as there are a lot in the EXE universe. My favorite is Maddy, although I hate Color Man. What a pathetic excuse for a Net Navi.

Warlock
08-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Blues ownz u ;p

http://www.war3.com/warlock/PROTOMAN.GIF

Cloral
08-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Yeah, you know, in Megaman 2 if you fight all of the enemies in the correct order, you start with Bubble Man and end with Metal Man. So you'd think Metal Man would be the toughest, but he's just as easy to take down with normal shots as Bubble Man is. The conveyor belt adds some extra difficulty but at least there aren't any spikes on the ceiling. I'm glad that in Megaman NT for the GCN, touching spikes won't kill you, it just takes off a hell of a lot of your energy.

But yes, Kairyu is right, this is any bot in any of the Mega Man universes. Heck lets say you get to choose a favorite human character, as there are a lot in the EXE universe. My favorite is Maddy, although I hate Color Man. What a pathetic excuse for a Net Navi.
Actually, you want to go after metal man first. He's easy as you mentioned, but also his weapon kicks serious ass. You can throw it in any direction, its stronger than your regular weapon, and you get 3 of them for every bar of weapon energy. They're so cheap you can just use them as your regular weapon, which makes every other level so much easier!

As for my favorite boss leader... I liked Slash Man from MM7. Damn though he used to frusterate me, when I thought his only weakness was the fire weapon. He was hard as hell to hit with that weapon. Thankfully you can also take him down with the ice weapon.

Warlock
08-07-2004, 11:11 PM
Actually, you want to go after metal man first. He's easy as you mentioned, but also his weapon kicks serious ass. You can throw it in any direction, its stronger than your regular weapon, and you get 3 of them for every bar of weapon energy. They're so cheap you can just use them as your regular weapon, which makes every other level so much easier!

As for my favorite boss leader... I liked Slash Man from MM7. Damn though he used to frusterate me, when I thought his only weakness was the fire weapon. He was hard as hell to hit with that weapon. Thankfully you can also take him down with the ice weapon.

I always do Air Man first. He's cake with the buster.

Grasshopper
08-08-2004, 12:24 AM
I went after Flash Man first. If you can fast enough, its not a problem.

I prefer the classic series, and I have a favorite in each game, but I do like ol' Cut Man. Just because his oh so corny "cut" phrases he said in the american cartoon.

vegeta1215
08-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Shadow Man. He's tight, quick to attack, and can kick Megaman's ass in an instant.. Boooyakashaw!

Though I haven't played all the Mega Man games, Shadow Man was my favorite. He's just really cool looking. I mean, he has a ninja star on his head! How much cooler can you get?

I think Proto Man is pretty cool too.

MottZilla
08-09-2004, 12:32 AM
For Mega Man, I like Blues/Protoman. For the X series, I'll take Zero. For the NT series I'll take Bass. :O

DigiPro31279
08-09-2004, 12:59 AM
I like Rush because he can become a springboard, a submarine, or a jetboard to help Mega Man out.

Since I really love trains....Charge Man is my favorite Robot Master. Ash coming from the sky is not good from his smokebox.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-09-2004, 07:30 PM
It would be tough for me to choose between Bass or Zero. Both of them have different qualities that I like. I agree, Glenn. His name is better as Forte... :-p

Yoshiman
08-09-2004, 08:13 PM
From the Classic MegaMan series, I pick Napalm Man. He has more that enough firepower to blow up the little blue boy. That, and I like things that explode :p . Second place would have to be Gospel, Forte's dog/wolf.

From the X series, I pick Magma Dragoon (duh). He doesn't use a weapon (unless you count the fireballs), and he puts up quite a fight unless you go the cheap way and use the ride armour.

MegaMan Zero... I don't really have a favourite, but I'd have to go with either Harpuia or Necromances Anubistepp III. Harpuia can kick the crap out of you if you don't use the ice element on her, and twin laser swords just rock :D . But Anubistepp has the whole evil undead robotic army thing.