PDA

View Full Version : Over / Under Combos

Reflectionist
08-05-2004, 09:50 PM
In my DMap of the first dungeon of my quest, i added the overhead combos, but they don't seem to work, and are glitchy. Bad.

One features Link halfway under one tile, and halfway through another. like this

___
|....| o\|
|__|-- |

That is just a generalization. Obviously that is the entire body of Link.

I have screenshots of all of my problems, but I can't post attachments.

The second problem is the usual problem that overhead combos usually solve, but it hasn't solved anything. This may be related to why my undercombos don't work sometimes, or it may not be.

Please help me. Thanks!

Also, if you want me to e-mail you the sceens, I will gladly do so..

Reflectionist
08-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Ok, never mind... I got my overhead combos all straightened out. I feel kinda stupid now, but that's okay.

Now, my under combos only work in certain spots, or with certain tiles.

I'm using pure tileset, which is really cool, btw. there are switches in there, that if you set a specific flag on them (ie, sword, hammer) then they should disappear and the tile for the switched switch would be there for the under combo.

I set the undercombo for that, just like I should, but then when I go to do that, the 'blank' sqares are there. this only happens if I have a switch, or a crystal switch. But when I have a block there, the under combo works fine. Is this just a problem with the tileset? or does it have something to do with layers?

Thanks.

Freedom
08-06-2004, 06:32 PM
It's hard to say.
There is a pure set running around that seems buggy, but it could also be the way you are using them, for the undercombo to work whatever it's replacing and the flag need to be on layer 0, example, if you put a bush on layer 1 and hit it with the sword then the undercombo will be hidden by the bush on layer 1, OR if you put a statue on layer 1 and flag it to sword on layer 1 it won't work because the flag has to be on layer 0.

You COULD put the statue on a layer, and replace it with whatever on another layer, using those layers secret combos, BUT the flag to trigger it has to be on layer 0

Following me?

Overhaed combos don't work on layers.

Reflectionist
08-06-2004, 08:40 PM
I'm pretty new at this...

I haven't touched the layers at all, so they should still be set at the defaults right?

the specific name for this tileset is pure tileset v2, it's on purezc.com if you want to verify... lol...

I think I get what you're saying for the layers...

If i put what *should* be the undercombo on the layer below Link, and put the switch itself on the layer Link is actually on, then when I hit the switch with the sword, the switch will disappear leaving nothing but what should be the undercombo anyway sitting there, right?

That sounds great.

How do I do layers?

this is my first quest, and i've only had this program for.... 2 weeks?

Reflectionist
08-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Okay, everything about the overcombos is cool, i figured them out, boom boom boom.

So now my doors are just screwed up.

I set the door to shutter, and you can walk right through them, like they don't exist, but some part of the data for it is there, because whenever I do whatever needs to be done to open the shutter, the sound of the thing opening still happens.

I tried drawing in the tiles for the shutter, then setting the door type to shutter, but that didn't work, and I can't get through where the shutter is at all.

And another thing is the Boss door. I can walk right over it to the boss room. with, or without the boss key.

I have screenshots of all of this, if anyone wants to see them.

Freedom
08-10-2004, 03:58 PM
the doors can only be used with dungeon dmaps, overworld and cave dmaps don't work, although the sound works in cave dmaps.
the dmap also probably needs a level number, many things won't work, like strings for one, without a level number.

IF you have freeform dungeon checked in rules, then you need to right click on the door tops and choose "overhead" from the dropdown menu OR put them on layer 3 to avoid walking over them.