PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda Swordless Questing

vegeta1215
08-05-2004, 03:17 PM
I had heard about this long ago on the internet, how you could play through The Legend of Zelda without picking up the sword. (you can't beat it, since you need the sword to defeat Ganon, but you can get to Ganon without a sword) A year or so ago I managed to get to the end of the first quest without a sword on my NES.

I haven't played through the second quest nearly as many times as the first, maybe 4 or 5 times total, but after recently beating it on my Classic NES Zelda for the GBA, I figured it was about time for a swordless run - and you know what? The swordless run on the second quest was easier than the one for the first quest! :D

So, any of you guys played through The Legend of Zelda without a sword? If not, go do it!

btw, there's a guide on gamefaqs.com that gives you a recommended path to take. (you don't play the dungeons in order) The whole idea is to get the items you need while avoiding as many fights as possible, then going back for the bosses. (the wand and the bow being the top items) The guide also tells you what enemies are weak to what items.