PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic used as research..

War Lord
08-05-2004, 09:57 AM
I recieved this e-mail:

"I work for LSI, which is a research facility sponsored by Florida State University. We are currently developing a research project that involves playing a computer game. We are testing how certain aids that the participant uses effects their performance on the game. After an extensive search for a computer game that meets all our requirements, we have narrowed it down to two, Zelda Classic being one. The project requires that we develop a map of a whole level of the game, it is one of the aids participants will be given to assist them. Instead of attempting to construct this map on our own through countless hours of playing the game, we were wondering if you, the developers, may already have such maps that were used during development. Please contact me as soon as possible."

I have been back and forth with this person, and thus far provided them with a map of the first dungeon if that is what they are going to use for a map (I believe it is.) I'll keep you all posted on this, as it sounds like a neat and exciting project. I'll also let you know if I need anything else to provide for them. Such as a walkthrough for the first level or something of that sort.

ShadowTiger
08-09-2004, 08:28 PM
A) "Research facilities" generally spell words correctly. "effect" --> "affect" (I now sincerely hope that you copied and pasted that. :p

B) Which "first map" is it exactly that you gave them? Was it simply level one from 1st.qst, or was it something more "new," such as level 1 from Mr. Z's Link's Birthday or Pure Quest, or something much more elaborate, such as the Portal from C-Dawg's Sabotage Dragoon?

C) I begin to wonder, why they chose Zelda Classic. What "certain aids" could they possibly be talking about? Somehow, the first thing that comes to mind, are cheat programs.