PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disc offer

vegeta1215
08-04-2004, 07:06 PM
I just received an email from Nintendo that I was eligible to receive a free Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disc! The disc will have a Metroid Prime 2 playable demo, a trailer, a Metroid art gallery, and a Metroid history segment. I had already planned on buying Metroid Prime 2 anyways, but I can't pass up free stuff. :D Check this page out to see if you're eligible: http://www.nintendo.com/metroidprime2.jsp

I think you have to register your Gamecube and 5 games on Nintendo's site. Registering your games unlocks extra stuff like wallpaper and icons, so you should do it anyways if you can.

the_Real_hydra
08-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Any one have 2 Registering they don't need? It will help me out. please and thank you...

Bloodstar64
08-04-2004, 07:37 PM
Where exactly are the game codes at?

EDIT: Found it

vegeta1215
08-04-2004, 08:32 PM
Where exactly are the game codes at?

EDIT: Found it

For those who don't know, the registration code for each game comes on a piece of paper along with the game instructions. These are the games you can register: http://www.nintendo.com/registrablegames

Provided that you kept yours, go register them and get some bonus stuff ;) Oh yeah, the code for your Gamecube is on the bottom of the system.

Bloodstar64
08-04-2004, 10:22 PM
Well, thats nice to know I can't recive a bonus disk because I hate 3/4 of the games on that list =/ Good job Nintendo

fatcatfan
08-04-2004, 11:19 PM
Sweet. My disc is reserved.

Link 101
08-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Dang, I can't get it, because I barely have any of those titles, and besides, I don't have the pin numbers anyways.

MottZilla
08-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Same here. I have 1 of those titles. Metroid Zero Mission. But uh, I bought other GC games, but they don't count? That blows.

Bloodstar64
08-05-2004, 05:11 PM
But uh, I bought other GC games, but they don't count? That blows.

Nope. Appearntly, Nintendo hates you if you don't buy 2nd or 1st party games. -_-

Warlock
08-05-2004, 05:36 PM
That list is crap, I have games not on there registered and I could still get it. Wierd. I was actually able to get it with almost all the games I had registered from before (FF:CC, Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi, etc). I registered two more (NES Classics: SMB and Zelda: FSA) and I was actually one over the number I needed ;P

MottZilla
08-09-2004, 12:43 AM
Well then, just to spite them when Metroid Prime 2 comes out I will copy it instead of buying it! HA! Wait, no I won't, I like RetroStudios. ;p

mikeron
08-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Well then, just to spite them when Metroid Prime 2 comes out I will copy it instead of buying it! HA! Wait, no I won't, I like RetroStudios. ;phaha gg n00belf!111111111

By the way, what the hell is The Metroid Chronicle?

MottZilla
08-10-2004, 01:29 AM
I dunno, maybe it's the Metroid film they are supposed to be making. For you youngens a film is one of them movie things you download off the internet rather than paying for. :O

Warlock
08-10-2004, 12:26 PM
It's supposed to be a timeline/story sort of thing I think

PolygonX8
08-11-2004, 09:02 AM
It's supposed to be a timeline/story sort of thing I think
Yes, exactly that. ;) I, as well as Aegis believe it's supposed to fill in the missing parts of the story. But, before I get on to that, there are a few other ways to obtain this demo disc:

Nintendo have finally released the date that the playable MP2: Echoes demo will be available to the baited public. That date is the 15th August! and it will be available in 3 different ways:

:: You buy a GameCube for $99 and get it included with the original Prime in a special cover. No idea if the version of Prime is original or Players Choice Version.
:: You get a 1-year subscription to the official Nintendo Power mag and request it from them or finally...
:: You register your GameCube and 5 "qualifying" games on the nintendo website.
So, if you thre away those pin numbers like I did, you can try going for the second one if not subscribed, which is what I would've done.

Well now...

Well, there is the dual Prime plothole where the pirates have never been in the crater and yet somehow they know Metroid Pirate is there, which was a change in the PAL version to cover up the barrier plothole in the reg version.

There's also a ton of debate going on about MZM and how the Mothership is/is not the Wrecked Ship, etc. etc. I didn't think there were plotholes either until I went to a metroid board and discovered all the errors in the storyline(some in which, IMO, some people take too seriously and others that stick out like a sore thumb.)
The debate with the Wrecked Ship and Mother Ship has been going on at samus.co's forums... and I'll link to the topic:
http://www.samusforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=282

It's nice to see Nintendo now releasing demos for their games, but I won't be getting this disc. I know too much of MP2 already, and this demo will make the real game less surprising. I'm a hardcore Metroid fan, and I just don't like having things spoiled. I regret even learning much about MP2 in the first place.

After MP2, I hope it moves on, as two games crammed between the first and secodn Metroid is enough, IMO. The next Metroid I'd like to see would be in-between SM and MF.

Well, I hope everybody else is happy with this demo disc once they get their hands on it. :)

Warlock
08-11-2004, 08:35 PM
The debate with the Wrecked Ship and Mother Ship has been going on at samus.co's forums... and I'll link to the topic:
http://www.samusforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=282

It's nice to see Nintendo now releasing demos for their games, but I won't be getting this disc. I know too much of MP2 already, and this demo will make the real game less surprising. I'm a hardcore Metroid fan, and I just don't like having things spoiled. I regret even learning much about MP2 in the first place.

After MP2, I hope it moves on, as two games crammed between the first and secodn Metroid is enough, IMO. The next Metroid I'd like to see would be in-between SM and MF.

Well, I hope everybody else is happy with this demo disc once they get their hands on it. :)

I don't think there is any way that's NOT the ship from Super Metroid. It's in the exact same place, and even the insides both look the same and feature the same monsters. The ONLY thing that supports it not being that ship is the Super Metroid manual has like one sentence on it that says something different (which as far as I know was just written up for the US manual and isn't even mentioned in the Japanese manual)

I also agree with that guy's theory about Maridia... I felt the same way when I played it.

Edit: nevermind, I see what he's saying and yeah that makes sense. The mothership is connected to the wreaked ship but it isn't the same thing.