PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon to a computer near you!!

Reflectionist
08-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Long ago, in the Kingdom of Hyrule, a man named Ganon stole the Triforce of Power from the Hylians. He used this power to overthrow the King, and took his throne as the King of Evil. He continued using the Triforce to do his evil bidding until one day, he was abruptly sealed in the Dark Realm by the protectors of the Triforce, the Sages, and by a young boy known to this day as the Hero of Time.
Hyrule then slowly became peaceful again, and soon forgot all about Ganon. The Triforces that remained in the Hylians possession, Wisdom and Courage, served as the only reminder of the evil terror that Ganon had caused.
Generations later, an army attacked that Castle in which the Triforce’s rested, and the Sages were called upon again. They were a fierce group of people, and even though they fought bravely, they were captured by the army.
They managed to acquire all three pieces of the Triforce somehow, but before they could use it, they were separated. The Triforce split into six pieces, each being held by an imprisoned Sage. They are being held somewhere in Hyrule.
That very day, a knighting ceremony was to be held in honor of Link, a boy who settled a dispute between the Royal Family of Hyrule, and the Royal Family of a neighboring land.
Link goes to Hyrule Castle to find it completely deserted. There are enemies all over the place though. Like the castle was in the process of being ransacked when Link showed up. Picking up a sword, he kills off the enemies, and makes his way into the Castle to try to find out what happened.
As he journeys through the land of Hyrule, he will gather many items along the way, including the Ocarina of Time, to learn the Prelude of Darkness to destroy Ganon in his prison in the Dark Realm.

LoZ: Prelude of Darkness

Input anyone?

JayeM
08-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Nice story...what's the quest going to be like?

Reflectionist
08-04-2004, 02:30 PM
It's gong to be cool.

The Dungeons are going to be two for each piece of the Triforce, and are going to fit in accordingly (power, hack/slash; wisdom, puzzles, courage, scare the hell out of you) stuff like that.

Every dungeon will have something in it needed to get to the next dungeon, to prevent them from being done out of order. They're going to have a fairly linear layout, then you'll backtrack, and in the courage 2 dungeon, you're not gonna know where the hell you are.

The big problem in the story is that Ganon keeps sending armies to attack Hyrule. Ganon is never actually in Hyrule, he's in the Dark World. I'm going to make a whistle warp to the Dark World after you get the sixth triforce piece.

There is a quest rule that says you can have six right? Ok...

It's gonna be a mix of Link to the Past, WW, OoT, and LoZ. It's great.

Typical sage's / Triforce Storyline, but it'll have a little bit of a new dungeon concept.

And if you know Hyrule in Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, you won't get lost. I've seen quests where it's almost impossible to keep up with where you are in the overworld, but with this, you'll know.

I'm switching tilesets for it right now, but I'll probably finish what I've got in the other one, release it, and then work on the new one.

The problem is, i can't make good tiles, and I need a castle. LOL