PDA

View Full Version : Digipro's Unofficial 4th Quest: Dungeon 8

SirNiko
07-31-2004, 09:21 PM
'kay, I picked this one up, and it's been pretty cool so far. the gameplay is simple, the worldmap's a bit plain, and the dungeon's aren't particularly hard, but the excellent musical selections make up for that nicely. took me an hour to recognize where I'd heard the overworld's theme music from...

At any rate, I figured I was doing really well. I solved the puzzle to get the white sword, and located and retrieved the magical sword... got my hands on the blue ring, and I even located that dungeon that was hidden in a rockwall in a totally inconspicuous place, which was even more surprising since it was only the third dungeon!

That said, I'm stuck now that I can't locate Dungeon 8. I have a sinking feeling that I just need to quit being lazy, and start bombing every flat surface and burning every bush, but that gets dull quick. Besides... it seems like everyone else is asking about the games. I don't wanna be left out!

I don't necessarily need the exact location.... a gentle nudge in the right direction, like the manner in which I open the entrance, or the quarter of the map it is in, would be good enough. Ya know, that way I can claim that I did indeed figure it out myself, or something.

Thus concludes my roundabout post asking for the location of dungeon 8. Thank you for reading, and good day!

-SirNiko

DigiPro31279
08-01-2004, 10:16 AM
Level 8 is west of where you find the Magic Sword. You do have to bomb the wall near the pool of water.

SirNiko
08-01-2004, 11:50 AM
Ah.... took me a while, but I found it. I'm glad I asked.... that probably would have been the LAST place I woulda looked! You can't plant a bomb when at the top of the screen like that, so it doesn't seem like there can be a hidden cave there...

Alrighty.... dunno how to get to dungeon 9, but I'm not going to give up now! I'll let you cool cats know when i figure this out for myself...

Thanks a bundle, Digi. Makes me kinda wanna make my own quest... but then i wouldn't have time to play all these games in the database!

-SirNiko

DigiPro31279
08-01-2004, 10:29 PM
There's 2 more dungeons after you get the final Triforce Piece. One earns you the Master Sword....the other takes you to fighting Ganon and rescuing Zelad after a perplexing maze.

SirNiko
08-02-2004, 12:18 AM
And victory is mine. Once you figure out where you can walk through the wall near the graveyard, the rest is pretty easy.

But man, you're spoiling me with all those red potions! It's like Gannon WANTS a hero to wander in, kill all his minions, and then have full health for the final battle! It's rather obvious the sucker didn't grab the Triforce of Wisdom, eh?

Anyways, tomorrow is a bright, new day.... I think I'll try out the 5th quest, then move on to 6, should 5 not give me much difficulty.... good game, Digi. Plenty of room to improve, but not half bad.

Jus' two more questions.... directly above the screen where the White Sword is hidden, there's an odd trail of Armos knights that form what appears to be a path, with an arrow at the end. Initially, i thought they were the clue to reaching the White Sword, but then I realized that you only had to go East 4 screens, not the confusing path I was taking. Were they indicating something else?

Question the second: in the screens directly above and above and left from dungeon 5, I found two bombable sections of the cliff, that just became glitchy looking green bricks of no discernable value. Was there something hidden there?

Three weeks until classes begin.... the life of a slacker is never an easy one.

-SirNiko

DigiPro31279
08-02-2004, 11:35 PM
I am not sure if I originally planned something and either forgot to make it something or planned it and made an error on the secret combo. I doubt it's important since you have made it through the game. Did you go through the secret dungeon and claim the Mirror Shield in 4th?

Also, I noticed a small glitch in 5th for a HCP I forgot to put and there's a rupee instead. I will fix that as soon as I can and make it a known update and will let JayeM know as well. Enjoy the 5th anyway. You'll have only one heart missing and you need at least 22 hearts for the Master Sword anyway.

SirNiko
08-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Cool, man. I did indeed visit the secret dungeon, and pick up ye olde mirror Shield. the trip to the secret dungeon was very.... eventful. I did like the way there was a shop inside selling egregiously overpriced blue potion. there should have been an even more scandelous scam in Ganon's place!

I jus' started #5, and the dungeons are way, way cooler, in terms of... well, everything. Including whupping-my-booty-ness. Yeah, I haven't gotten past #2 yet. this may take a while....

I'll be sure to check back. if i download the updated version, and replace the old file with the new, it should fix that mistake without me needin' to start over, right? 'cause that'd be cool...

-SirNiko

DigiPro31279
08-03-2004, 10:48 PM
As soon as I update the HCP problem, go ahead. But I am not planning on it right now. Just don't pick up the HCP item until I fix it.

SirNiko
08-04-2004, 04:59 PM
By the way, when you get to fixing that, ya might wanna check on another boo-boo too.

One screen up directly above where you start, there's a hidden cave under a bush where ya get 200 rupies. However, the Moblin guy gives you the same 'take this sword' speech as the man who gave you the wooden sword one screen down, rather than the traditional 'Ganon's gonna KILL me!' from the first game. I'm taking a guess that it's wrong, but you can decide for yourself.

Anywho, looking good so far! Dungeon 2 was really nice.... simple designs with enough variation to keep the idea fresh. Keep it up!

-SirNiko

DigiPro31279
08-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Dungeon 2 seems to have some glitches to it that I don't why it does it.

I can fix what I can as soon as I can.