PDA

View Full Version : Those who opened a paypall account between Oct 1, 1999 and Jan 1, 2004 -

Breaker
07-28-2004, 09:01 AM
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-5258259.html

The Paypall class-action lawsuit is mentioned near the bottom. The rest is in regards to eBay. The payout is estimated to be around 50 dollars -- depending on how many file for a piece of the allocation.

In related news, eBay's PayPal unit recently reached a settlement with customers who accused the company of illegally freezing their funds. As a result, PayPal said it would pay a total of $9.25 million to settle the federal class-action suit, $3.4 million of which would go to paying its customers' legal fees. PayPal admitted no wrongdoing in settling the claims, which were filed in 2002 as part of two federal class-action suits that also alleged other customer service deficiencies.

PayPal said it will publish the allocation plan in July or August. Customers will be informed of settlement terms within two months of the court's preliminary approval.

Glitch
07-28-2004, 02:16 PM
They didn't really do shit to me....but am i able to get some of the money? ;)

Blonde799
07-28-2004, 02:50 PM
I was about to ask the same thing, I'm poor.:p

Starkist
07-28-2004, 02:54 PM
http://www.settlement4onlinepayments.com/

The server is very slow, beware.

vegeta1215
07-28-2004, 04:28 PM
I got an email from Paypal about that. The little extra money would be nice, but I've never had any problems with Paypal.

AtmaWeapon
07-28-2004, 07:07 PM
From the full legalese statement, because I am paranoid and like to read these things:

7. HOW DO I MAKE A CLAIM AND GET A PAYMENT?
To make a claim for payment, please complete one of the claim forms (Statutory Damage Claim Form, Short Claim Form, or Long Claim Form) available on the Internet at https://www.paypal.com/settlement/. To make a valid claim, you will need to (1) fill out the claim form electronically and (2) print the signature page of your claim form, sign it and return it by mail to the address provided on the claim form. You must complete the claims procedure no later than October 23, 2004. Your payment will be transferred electronically to your PayPal account. If you do not have a current, unrestricted PayPal account or you indicate on the claim form that you prefer to receive a check, payment will be made in the form of a check, sent by first class mail to the address provided on the claim form. If you are paid by check, a $1.00 charge will be deducted from your payment to cover the cost of issuing and mailing the check. The claims administrator will not issue checks for less than $1.00. Such amounts will instead be reallocated to those claimants who are entitled to receive distributions.

Right now, that's the only place I trust to file a claim.

Also notice the following:

The Short Claim Form requires you to provide certain identifying information and sign a statement under penalty of perjury, which may be verified using PayPal's records, that you experienced an unauthorized or incorrect electronic transfer or an account limitation or denial of access to your account. If you make a timely, valid claim using the Short Claim Form, you will receive a payment of $50, unless the amount needed to pay all of the Short Form claims exceeds the Short Form Fund. In that case, the Short Form Fund will be divided equally among all Short Form Claimants. If the amount needed to pay all of the Short Form claims is less than the amount of the Short Form Fund, the money left over will be added to the Long Form Fund.

If you don't meet the bold criteria, you are out of luck.

Breaker
07-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Right now, that's the only place I trust to file a claim.

... where do you think that redirects to? :rolleyes:

AtmaWeapon
07-28-2004, 10:14 PM
Well I didn't click it because I didn't meet the criteria. My bad.

Glitch
07-29-2004, 02:04 AM
Crap. No money for me...don't meet the criteria.