PDA

View Full Version : Fraggin' Annoying now...

MasterSwordUltima
07-28-2004, 06:44 AM
Disclaimer: I noticed that the computer help forums had a run in with the Black Plague or something, and no longer exist. That is why I'm posting this in here, but if they're just hiding from me or something, could a mod pop this in there for me.

I've been searching around for like, three days for this stupid HMIDI16.DLL on google, CNET, download.com, Search.com, AskJeeves, even the AOL search. I need this so my MIDIs'll play in RM2K3, and I simply cannot find the thing. I originally had it, but it was deleted in my fun adventures with the Bagel virus. If anybody has any clue on where to get your hands on one, or if you're willing to send me a copy of yours, could you please contact me? [PMs or Instant Messages work great, especially the later for sending it]

AtmaWeapon
07-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Would it come back if you reinstalled RM2K3? It would seem to me that if the file is not easily found by a google search (which is true), then it must be specific to that program. Otherwise, lots of people would be missing it from Bagel antics.

Glitch
07-28-2004, 01:52 PM
War Lord went thru and pruned a few forums that didn't get much activity last night.

MasterSwordUltima
07-29-2004, 12:56 AM
I did reinstall RM2K3 many times, and rebooted, but still I get the error that says that it cannot find:

'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\HMIDI16.DLL'

This is really teh s uck...-_-'

Stupid \'s

Master Ghaleon
07-29-2004, 01:55 AM
Try this (http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir?src=sponsored&requestId=7bef4fba92535372&clickedItemRank=1&userQuery=HMIDI16.DLL&clickedItemURN=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.googleadservices.c om%2Fpagead%2Fadclick%3Fadurl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.p cdocrx.net%2Fcgi-bin%2Fview.cgi%2Fgoogle57%2Fdownload.html%253Fgoog le_dll%26sa%3Dl%26ai%3DA1-QbrCJCBp7k4ELjhQol865CL7ftGEvjy2YAbHK-IkTAa6EAAWLGBcQAYaxvj36_DAAAAAQAAA%26num%3D1)

I came acrossed this, It may fix or give ya your .DLL file

MasterSwordUltima
07-29-2004, 04:09 AM
Hmm, downloading the PcDocRx thing now, after throwing C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\HMIDI16.DLL into the textarea prompt thing they have. If this does work, then you are god, MastrGhaleon. ^_^ [But if it doesn't, well then you just forget about getting that X-Mas card ;O]

AtmaWeapon
07-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Personally, I think a Temp folder is a stupid place for a program to want a .DLL to be. Also I'm not really sure how trustworthy that pcdocrx thingy is. Looking through google groups I don't see any bad comments, but I do see that the company is quite fond of spamming newsgroups to advertise.

It's got to be something about RM2K3, maybe the version you downloaded is missing the file. Every search I run for HMIDI16 or HMIDI16.DLL produces posts on Asian message boards, but from the screenshots I can tell that each one concerns RPG maker.

Master Ghaleon
07-29-2004, 08:27 PM
. If this does work, then you are god, MastrGhaleon. ^_^ [But if it doesn't, well then you just forget about getting that X-Mas card ;O]

Well, did it work :P

MasterSwordUltima
08-14-2004, 06:40 PM
No, MG, it didn't work at all. -_-' I mean, the thing wouldn't even run. T_T

Perhaps I should've noted this before but I've got the super fun Winupd.exe trojan, and can't get rid of that. I know how to get rid of it, [theres another file in my system32 folder that keeps recreating the thing each time I delete it, but I have not the slightest clue what that file is called]. So yeah, I'm thinking that that has a lot to do with it...the thing even messed up my Winamp sometimes [it'll only show the Playlist window...even when the Main Window and Equalizer windows are checked off to be shown].

So can I get some help with winupd.exe too?

VT_Hokie_Fan
08-14-2004, 06:59 PM
I don't have it, but my Rm2k3 works to perfection. i can even play other people's games. if I was you, I would re-dl it.