PDA

View Full Version : Forum Cleanup!

War Lord
07-28-2004, 01:11 AM
I deleted the Zelda-Temple hosted forum, and the Computers & Internet category. I felt those forums didn't recieve enough posts to warrant keeping. The topics that could be posted in those old forums just as easily can be posted in GD, and with much better response I'm sure.

vegeta1215
07-28-2004, 01:16 AM
Great idea.

btw, who were the mods for the Computer sections? Was it just lynerd? Also, I can still see the Zelda-Temple forum.

EDIT: nevermind, it's gone!

Master Ghaleon
07-28-2004, 01:21 AM
Aweosme, I rarely went in there anyways

Clean up , Clean up , everybody everywhere
Clean up, Clean up, everybody do your share

Gah, the Barney song is now in my head :D Im such a boner

Toolie
07-28-2004, 02:10 AM
For aesthetic purposes, could you place all the Zelda / Shattered Earth forums as subforums under a main forum just called Zelda and Shattered Earth, and place those main forums under one catagory, such as "Games"? It would look a lot more neat and condensed on the main page... for example;

Currently, you're bombarded with:

+ Zelda Classic
= ZC Discussoin
= ZC Suggestions
= ZC Quest Editor Help
= Quest Announcement / Discussion
= ZC Bug Center
= ZC Developers Exchange

+ Shattered Earth
= General Game Discussion
= Suggestions
= Bugs

If you combined the individual forums as sub forums and only displayed Zelda Classic and Shattered Earth like below, I think it would look a lot more neat and divert traffic a little easier..

+ Games
= Zelda Classic
= Shattered Earth

After clicking on those links, they would bring up the sub-forum display, showing each forum (example: ZC Bug Center, etc.) listed on that page; rather than cluttered on the main forum screen.

biggiy05
07-28-2004, 10:25 AM
I like what toolie said cuz you gotta scroll to the bottom just to get to another section.

War Lord
07-28-2004, 10:35 AM
That's part of the reason a collapse feature was made for VB. It works quite well.

fatcatfan
07-28-2004, 01:11 PM
Are the posts from those forums completely gone, or just hidden from view? There were a couple in the programming forum I'd have liked to save first. *shrug*

gdorf
07-30-2004, 02:13 PM
I was going to ask the same thing. There was some useful information in there I'd like to save to my harddrive. :shrug: