PDA

View Full Version : Yet another useless question.

algam86
07-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Is it possible to change MIDIs in the middle of a dmap? If so, how? Using the same set as before. :D

Freedom
07-28-2004, 01:22 AM
you change the dmap in the middle of the map to change the music.

actually your question makes no sense what so ever, do you know the difference between dmaps and maps?

algam86
07-28-2004, 10:50 PM
Is it possible to change MIDIs in the middle of a dmap? If so, how? Using the same set as before. :D
Sorry, used the wrong words with that.

Jigglysaint
07-28-2004, 10:57 PM
Well right now, screen midis isn't implemented yet, and that would be the best way to make it so the music changes.

What you can do though, is make another d-map that's on the same map as the other one, make it the same level, and just make the music different.

algam86
07-29-2004, 05:50 PM
I was wondering if I needed to do that...I'll work with that for now, I guess.

Freedom
07-29-2004, 06:06 PM
dmaps are the lifes blood of Zelda Classic
they supply information to the screen, every screen you make it to you got there because a dmap warped you there, SO if you want the music to change on the next screen over on an overworld screen you fill out another dmap with everything exactly the same except the music, then you place a sidewarp to it using that dmap and the screen number to the screen you are going to with the new music.

if you also want the name to change, then you change that as well on the new dmap, so now you enter a screen right next to the one you're on only it says lostwoods and plays the lostwoods music (or whatever)

IF you want a map to be sectioned off into 12 areas all using different music, colors, or names, then you use 12 dmaps to set it all up, and then sidewarp into those sections.

If you want a whole map to just have one color, music, etc, like the original LOZ you just use 1 dmap.

same applies to caves and dungeons, use as many dmaps as you like and warp from one to the other, or just use 1 if that's what you prefer.

the difference between maps and dmaps is maps are where you build your screens, and dmaps supply the information for those screens.