PDA

View Full Version : Opinion about Hyrule in Chaos

LegendarySlash
07-27-2004, 08:55 PM
So far Ielen?? (thought it was Cepat?), great freaking game. But WOW THERE IS TO MUCH SYMMETRY. God, the screens can give you a freaking headache sometime, but the difficulty and fun of the quest is a definite thumbs up. Just wow dude, it's like obsessive compulsive perfect screens lol. O and most of the music I know I've heard from FF before. Most is FF5 isn't it? That's a great game, now I wanna play it again.

Cepat
07-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Thanks, when I made this quest, I was focusing on patterns & symmetries. Glad you liked the music. The new quest I am designing focuses more on a natural background environment.

LegendarySlash
07-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Let me ask you for one hint, is the key shop mandatory? And how can you tell if a wall is bombable or not? Must you wait for the eye of truth of is there symmetry hints?

DarkFlameWolf
07-28-2004, 02:57 AM
Thanks, when I made this quest, I was focusing on patterns & symmetries. Glad you liked the music. The new quest I am designing focuses more on a natural background environment.

yeah, like too many tress. :laughing: Most of the screens I've seen and a overall map (made in Mapmaker, I assume) had 90% of it covered in trees. No real variation there.

Cepat
07-28-2004, 04:17 AM
Let me ask you for one hint, is the key shop mandatory? And how can you tell if a wall is bombable or not? Must you wait for the eye of truth of is there symmetry hints?

The key shop is optional. You have to guess if it's bombable or walk through walls.

yeah, like too many tress. :laughing: Most of the screens I've seen and a overall map (made in Mapmaker, I assume) had 90% of it covered in trees. No real variation there.

Well, trees are part of a natural background & I put alot of trees as they blend well with the surroundings :) Anyway it's still too early to assume the whole environment is 90% covered by trees :laughing:

LegendarySlash
07-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Hey Cepat. I have the red candle, and I need the step ladder to get to the island shop by the dock to the east of the green woods. I checked the entire level but I'm stopped by either dead ends (due to the step ladder) or a secret wall that requires food. Is there a food shop I can reach in hyrule with the red candle? Or am I overlooking something in level 2?

Cepat
07-29-2004, 06:20 PM
There's a bait just two screens after the right locked door. Further right is the step ladder. After that, don't forget to get the wand, so you can get the super bomb which will be used in the overworld at the waterfall for the White Sword.

LegendarySlash
07-29-2004, 07:28 PM
Ok, after seeing the word explanation, I didn't read it. I jsut wanted a quick hint. So I'm gonna try again and not read that. LOL,
I hate total spoilers.

Couldn't help it, I tried to read the first line but was extremely spoiled. Why did you do this Cepat?? *Cries* O well, I'll play your game still.

Cepat
07-29-2004, 11:02 PM
It's not a spoiler as this game was released since last year March, so that will help you in a way.

LegendarySlash
08-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Alright then, I'll take alittle more help since it's been out for so long. The bow is on another island obviously. But I checked everywhere I could go until level 3 stood in my way. Somewhere I'm missing?

Cepat
08-01-2004, 03:06 PM
Do you mean you can't proceed to Lvl 3? Have you obtained the wand yet? You need to use the arrow on the obstacle in front of Lvl 3.

LegendarySlash
08-01-2004, 08:37 PM
I'm aware, and I have the wand. I know level 3 requires the arrow. I have the arrow but not the bow. It says it's on another isle, but I searched every shop I could reach. What now?

Cepat
08-01-2004, 10:41 PM
Okay at the dock leading to Lvl 2, press up & then right to reach the archer.

LegendarySlash
08-01-2004, 10:54 PM
Damn, i pressed up and left but not right. See, its little things like that. Thanks though, your quest is very fun.

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's impossible to go right.

Nevermind found it, thats a cheap trick, the clue sucked lol.

Cepat
08-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Glad you found it, anyway there's several walk through walls for various items in the overworld. Have you obtained the super bomb yet? Before Lvl 3, you find the waterfall & super bomb the obstacle.

LegendarySlash
08-03-2004, 10:41 AM
Yea, I'm going through levels 1-4 to collect the Heart pieces and magic upgrades and purple rupies but I seem to be missing keys, good thing there's a shop :) You have made it difficult to find keys.

Just a suggestion for you, I know you already said this game was meant to be based on symettry, but that will never beat a player who is good. Trust me, HD and Isle of Winds killed me round about 10 times first time through. About 5 by the 6th dungeon. So far my death count is on 0 in your quest. Oh, and there's a glitch, I don't know if you intended for that 40 rupie secret in level 4 (or was it 5?) to keep appearing over and over. Thanks for the tips!

Cepat
08-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Will take your suggestion into my consideration. That 40 rupee secret in Lvl 4 is intentional so players can earn more rupees :P There are keys hidden near locked doors so you may have to bomb or walk through walls.
So far Lvl 1 to 5 is easy, but when you reach Lvl 6, you'll find it abit hard, most quests have Lvl 6 as their most difficult lvl.
In the quest I'm currently working, I did away with symmetries & patterns, my main focus is layering & devising new tricks. I think it will look amazing graphically & gameplay wise it will be brain teasers. You can look at my Tao of Link progress at my signature.

LegendarySlash
08-03-2004, 02:30 PM
It looks awesome, but is it just me, or does Link look so small and smushed down to size? I hate that graphic for him. I like the one used when he looks like GBA link. That link drives me away from games. Dunno why.

Cepat
08-03-2004, 02:42 PM
I got that Link from Dart Zaidyer in PureZC. Link looks better in the game rather than in the screenshots :D

LegendarySlash
08-03-2004, 04:07 PM
Quest looks good though. Perhaps I'll try TaO. Level 6 now in your quest. I am also replaying HD because I can't explain it, the music from the Zelda 4 Mountains and Zelda 3 Dark World just trance me. LOL. Also Doom3 is released tomorrow, so I'm going to be stalled on Zelda Classic games. See ya later!