PDA

View Full Version : GUI modifier

*b*
07-26-2004, 04:54 PM
in the coming alphas/betas, could there be a way to change the colors of the GUI? I don't mean, putting in a number and having the colors change to a preset GUI, but customizing our own colors? maybe like, we put the colors in hex in the ag.cfg, so we can edit each color individually

maybe some other way would work better, but I think this would be a good idea once 1.93 is released, and people start asking for new GUI colors

ShadowTiger
07-26-2004, 09:00 PM
Perhaps just one single prompt for the entire GUI colors would suffice. If all that's being asked for is color, then perhaps either a hex value, or a screen akin to the color selection area when constructing palletes would be useful. Only one color would be necessary to be chosen, because once you have that color, all the borders would be that color, but a bit darker, and ... well, basically, all other colors and borders would just be variations of that color. :shrug: (But that would mean we must be careful when choosing colors close to the extremes, as they could go from 0-->63 if you choose 0.) ..

*b*
07-26-2004, 09:20 PM
actually, that would go 0 > 0, not 0 > 63, but I see what you're saying. it's a good idea, but mine would allow you to edit the main window color, the tint/shade of the window, and the color gradeint(sp?) of the message box above the window. that way, we could, as I said, make the origional gui if we wanted, or have a windows gui

though, now that I think about it, it might be easier to have templates, and edit them from there. the windows one could be edited in the way you're suggesting, BH4, and the classic gui could be edited like the way I'm suggesting

idontknow
07-26-2004, 11:16 PM
uh, whats GUI mean?

*b*
07-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Graphical User Interface

in other words, the menus, windows, and other things in ZC, the stuff you click on, you know?

Dark Nation
07-27-2004, 12:56 AM
I've been toying with a GUI color editor. I guess I can make the colors customizable in the next alpha through ag.cfg until I can get the GUI color editor done.

*b*
07-27-2004, 01:30 AM
yes! thanks DN. the gold gui is nice, but it's not really "gold". now I can make it how I want!... er, assuming you do add it, of course