PDA

View Full Version : BS-Graves & Ghinis

idontknow
07-25-2004, 08:56 PM
DN mentioned in the "Alpha 4 Progress" Thread that he put in a quest rule called "BS-Graves" where when you touch a grave, the ghini 2 appears from it once & then the combo changes to the next combo in the list, which is kinda nice so you can set up a string of ghinis so you can determine just how many you want to appear.

1. However, i suggest making this a screen flag instead, or better yet, making a "BS-Grave" combo, rather than a quest rule. With a seperate combo, you can make a puzzle with a bunch of seemingly identical graves except one of them (the BS-grave) you touch & it turns into the next combo in the list, revealing a secret. This way, you dont have to have absolutely all graves go to the next combo.

2. Another possibility is to have an enemy flag called "Graves Spawn Ghinis" that would function just as the "statues shoot fireballs" flag does. In order for ghinis to work, this has to be checked.

3. In addition, how about a combo like the BS-Grave combo that turns into the next combo in the list, but it doesn't spawn any enemies--you simply touch it (solid or not) & it goes to the next combo in the list..call it a "Touch" combo or something.

If any of these three ideas were to be implemented, i would strongly recommend having at least #1, the BS-Grave combo (in addtion to the regular "Grave" combo) because it would be great for puzzles & good for keeping regular graves that infiintely spawn ghinis.

Dark Nation
07-26-2004, 07:32 AM
I like idea #1. Not sure why I didn't think of it before since it makes more sense than a quest rule. Plus it's easy to implement.

idontknow
07-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Thanks, DN! Yes, it would be better than a quest rule--quest rules shouldn't really generallize such ideas as BS-Graves, because one might want both in the same quest.