PDA

View Full Version : DVD Player Glitches and Oddities

Monica
07-25-2004, 07:18 PM
While my family and I were in Arkasas all last week, my sister picked up Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. We tried to watch in in my PS2 but on the screen where you choose wide or fullscreen, the chooser doesn't show up so you can't do anything. We ended up having to watch it on my brother's XBOX. My PS2 played every other DVD I've ever tried perfectly. Of course, I think that's the only one where I've had to choose wide or full, and I think it was a little cursor the PS2 couldn't read. O_O

Also, another little quirk with my PS2 DVD player is that it asks for the adult control password on EVERY SINGLE DVD (even the .hack/LIMINALITY series) EXEPT for Little Shop of Horrors. It just goes right ahead and plays it and I have no clue why it doesn't ask for the password (but it's kinda cool ^_^) By the way, does anyone know how to disable that password? It's kind of annoying having to type it in for everything (except LSoH of course)

So do any of your DVD players have any strange glitches or have your DVD's caused any? ^_^

Glitch
07-25-2004, 09:29 PM
The playstation 2 has a eye that is not very strong. And over time it begins to not read DVDs. Mine is the exact same way. It even ask for the password everytime.

TK Interior
07-30-2004, 05:00 AM
This problem isn't restricted to you; no PS2 will play that disc. I don't know why this is, but your best bet is to refund it, and buy the version from the next batch (25 - 35 days).

vegeta1215
07-30-2004, 01:08 PM
I have a JVC DVD player that has acted strangly a few times. When I listen to Sublime's 40 oz to Freedom CD on it, it plays fine until near the end, then it starts making weird noises and skips (and it's not the cd) I was thinking it had something to do with the LED CD play time going over a built in limit or something - the Sublime CD is over 70 minutes long, but who knows :shrug:

Also, I got Alice in Wonderland (Disney cartoon) off eBay, and it has a terrible time going through the menus. It's really slow and takes forever for them to come up. It's a Canadian DVD (region 1) so I wouldn't think it would have problems. Then again I haven't tried other Disney DVDs. (the DVD works fine in our other player)