PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used the following in a quest...

idontknow
07-25-2004, 03:25 PM
1. "Wand" Flag (Not for Wand Magic, mind you, but for hitting something with the actual wand itself)
2. "Hammer" Flag (Many people use strike flags, or have obstacles using the pound combo, but i've never seen secrets triggered by the hammer)
3. "Din's Fire" Flag
4. "Sword Beam" Flag ( I suppose it can be useful, but what can of target (tile) can such a flag be used on)
5. "Golden Arrow" Flag
6. "Master Sword" Flag (Who requires the finding & use of the master sword & Golden Arrow in their quest anyway?)
7. "Reflected Fireball" or "Reflected Magic" Flag

8. Corner Traps Enemy Flag: I know in older quests its used sometimes, but how about newer quest? Now we can put traps anywhere we want so why use this flag? I suppose its just a matter of convenience here.
9. Center Traps Enemy Flag (same deal as #4)
10. Zora Enemy Flag: Similar idea: We can have as many as ten zoras on a screen if wanted, why have a "Zora" Flag?

Can you think of anything else that seems rather "unused"? I mean, it makes sense to have such in case someone wants to use it, especially these weapon flags, cuz secrets should be able to be triggered by any weapon, but how often are these things used in actuality?

Jigglysaint
07-25-2004, 03:38 PM
Enemy flags 8 and 9 are used in the first quest to determine traps and such. Adding enemy placement and trap flags would be unkosher.

Ganonator
07-25-2004, 04:07 PM
1. "Wand" Flag (Not for Wand Magic, mind you, but for hitting something with the actual wand itself)
I once played a quest with this flag, and thought the puzzle was ingenious. Writing this, I just thought of an evil thing to do to somebody using this flag, some prism combos, and a banjo.

2. "Hammer" Flag (Many people use strike flags, or have obstacles using the pound combo, but i've never seen secrets triggered by the hammer)
Yes. This is the only way I was able to set up the LttP puzzle where you have to pound the stakes in in the right order. Pretty useful for also making a bridge destroy when you pound the end of it.

3. "Din's Fire" Flag
Yes. If you were able to obtain Din's Fire, you would have gotten the silver arrows in my J:R demo.

4. "Sword Beam" Flag ( I suppose it can be useful, but what can of target (tile) can such a flag be used on)
Yes. I made a mini-game like the shooting gallery in Lttp, requiring sword beams. (you don't get the arrows before then)

5. "Golden Arrow" Flag
Silver arrow flag only. Gold arrows are way too powerful.

6. "Master Sword" Flag (Who requires the finding & use of the master sword & Golden Arrow in their quest anyway?)
I made an enemy that replicated Ganon, and you beat it by hitting a wall switch w/ the master sword. Evil and tricky.

7. "Reflected Fireball" or "Reflected Magic" Flag
Reflected magic. In the room where you acquire the wand, you have to reflect wizrobe magic on the treasure chest to open it.

8. Corner Traps Enemy Flag: I know in older quests its used sometimes, but how about newer quest? Now we can put traps anywhere we want so why use this flag? I suppose its just a matter of convenience here.
I like this because it's a 4-way trap I can put somewhere other than the corner of a room.

9. Center Traps Enemy Flag (same deal as #4)
read #8

10. Zora Enemy Flag: Similar idea: We can have as many as ten zoras on a screen if wanted, why have a "Zora" Flag?
there's a Zora flag?

Can you think of anything else that seems rather "unused"?
The Win Game combo. OMGWTFBBQ is that used for?

ShadowTiger
07-25-2004, 04:09 PM
(Directed at Jigglysaint in a friendly mildly sarcastic tone...)
... What you talkin' about, Willis? :odd:

:p

I can actually think of a lot of uses for all of these. With the wand, you could have an "ice" wand that freezes flames on contact. With the hammer, you could pound a stake, and a platform rises somewhere else on the screen. (Kinda like a game of whack-a-mole. :p ) Freedom uses Din's Fire frequently in his (awesome) quests, in a circle formation. Sword beam flags can be used in target practice games. Golden Arrows, if replaced with fire arrows, can melt ice. The Master Sword, being the ultimate sword, would naturally have many barriers in the quest that you couldn't pass until the point in which you became "SuperLink!" And the reflected fireball flag.. well.. imagine going through an entire dungeon with only a mirror shield. ;) Sludge did this in Crests of Hyrule, I believe. (I couldn't wait to get my boomerang. >_< ) .. But it was a kickin quest, truly.

And nope, rarely see those corner and center traps nowadays. They're all "strategically placed" today. ... and.. don't you mean "#8" in the other one? O_o .. and last, but certainly not least, you can have eleven Zoras onscreen. ;)