PDA

View Full Version : In what order do you make your quest?

idontknow
07-25-2004, 03:13 PM
What i mean is...

Do you:
A) Make the entire overworld first, then make your dungeons/levels
B) Make a small part of the overworld, then make a dungeon to go with it & then after that dungeon is finished, make the next part of the overworld link can go to and then make the next dungeon
C) Make all the dungeons first, then make the entrances on the overworld & complete the overworld.
D) <None of the Above> (Please explain)

EDIT: State which YOU do and then maybe offer advice as to how it should be done, or maybe why you recommend doing it your way if its beneficial at all

The Great Guy
07-25-2004, 04:20 PM
I do B. I just find it easier to make my quests in the order they will be played. :D

EDIT: of course thats when I actually try to do a quest usually I wind up giving up somewhere halfway through. I'm not proud of it I just can't seem to stay focused long enough to complete one. ;)

*b*
07-25-2004, 04:23 PM
A & B combined. sometimes I make an entire overworld, then make the dungeons to go with it, and sometimes I make a part of the OW, make the dungeon, then continue on

ShadowTiger
07-25-2004, 04:27 PM
I suppose I try to make a good plan / layout for -most- of the overworld, and then I start connecting places with them. Eventually, after I have all my items and such the way I like them, (Drawn, that is. :P Default stuff is for.. er.. nevermind. :D :laughing: ) I'll start to build my dungeons.

Sephiroth
07-25-2004, 06:07 PM
B. I find myself doing that alot so that I know what kind of weapon to put in the dungeon so I know how to make you have to clear the dungeon to go further.

slothman
07-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Idontknow, I don't know. Well actually I do I just wanted to say that. Assuming it is a generic rescue Zelda one I would do B. If it needs to match another place, such as the world, then A. I might do some dungeons first if I have ideas but not all of them.

DarkFlameWolf
07-25-2004, 06:30 PM
A. I build my overworlds first. Then I make all their minor secrets (cave, houses, etc.) then I finally do dungeons.

VEL
07-26-2004, 12:27 AM
I don't really have any certain way I make quests. Sometimes I make some overworld screens, then some dungeon screens. I sometimes do things out of order like finish a later dungeon first, then make an earlier one. It usually just depends on what I feel like at the time. Lots of times I have a bunch of dungeons started, but not finished. I also work on making new graphics as I'm making new areas, and sometimes I have enemies in areas, that don't have the correct graphics yet.

Petoe
07-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Like VEL, I don't have any certain ways or orders to make my quests. Usually I make screens in order the game should be played, but because I get bored easily, I often jump from a place to another. First I make a few OW screens, then I make a cutscene, then I make a few screens to a level somewhere... Might sound confusing but I write EVERYTHING on paper so that's not a problem for me.

DarkFlameWolf
07-26-2004, 04:40 PM
no wonder things go so slow in making your quests Vel, Petoe. No order! LOL ;)

DigiPro31279
08-03-2004, 10:59 PM
I know that when I made my lastest unofficial 6th quest in its classic form....I did Dungeons and Overworld as I went. I had an overworld prepared, but since some of the dungeons go in a linear fashion, I had to do the dunegeon connections as the dungeons were created.

When you need the quest tested, you can only do so much through planning...so you want to do make a partial overworld than some dungeons and then another bit of the overworld.

That's just me though.

~Jay

zerox
08-05-2004, 02:19 PM
A :D as i like doing remakes (im trying to do majoras mask in my free time) and i find it easier to do as dungeon are usually more complex and harder to do with zquests limitations so i give them the most time