PDA

View Full Version : FFIX help...

*b*
07-23-2004, 07:40 PM
ok, I've been to GameFAQs and no-one says I can or can't, so I'm asking here. can I leave Terra and go back to Gaia? I need to level up (Stiener's at level 24 with two Sword Skills, and he's one of my most powerful), and I've only found two chocographs (I haven't played Chocobo Hot&Cold much), and I really don't want to start over just so I can get back to Gaia. please tell me there's a way back

and don't tell me to post this at the GameFAQs message board, it won't let me

Masamune
07-23-2004, 07:51 PM
Are you worried about Terra being the last area? Memoria is. You'll go right back to Gaia after you beat Garland I believe. I could be wrong though... But Memoria is definetly the last place.

Dark Knight
07-23-2004, 08:23 PM
You fight Garland, then Kuja. When you beat Kuja, he goes int oTrance and casts Ultima, killing your party.(one of those storyline killings) Kuja bables on about something then begins to destroy Terra, you then have to run to the Invincible(airship with the red eye looking thing ont he bottom) You then return to Gaia.

But here's my question:If Steiner is only at level 24, and he's one of your strongest, how'd you even reach Terra? The lowest level I've ever reached Terra on was level 54. The highest is 99. Did you run from most of the random battles or did you feel like a challenge?

*b*
07-23-2004, 08:36 PM
let's just say I like buy Hi-Potions... that, and I hadn't looked at Zidane's and Vivi's level in a while, they're over 50

I just beat Kuja (is he supposed to be hard?) and I'm saving the Genomes, and getting to the Invincible. I knew that Memoria was the final place, but, in Memoria, can you return to Gaia? or should I make a save in both world this time?

Masamune
07-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Yea, at most save points, (they aren't moogles anymore) you'll have the optino of tent, save, and return to gaia.

Cloral
07-23-2004, 11:08 PM
The one thing though is as you leave Terra you switch to disk 4. In disk 4, many of the areas are inaccessible, as roots have sprung up in front of them. I'm guessing this was done to save space for the ending. You can still reach the important areas though, and can reach all the areas you need in order to do the chocobo and stellazio side quests.

*b*
07-24-2004, 02:05 AM
ah, well that's good. I'm back to Gaia now and I'm working on getting the Chocographs. thanks everyone

Masamune
07-24-2004, 11:22 AM
Np, *B*. =) For some reason, i had the most fun looking for the chocographs. :shrug:

Cloral
07-24-2004, 01:36 PM
I got all the chocograph treasures except for the one in the middle of the ocean. How are we suppossed to tell where that one is?

*b*
07-24-2004, 05:30 PM
Chocograph piece 6, I think. Cid I says to look in the middle of the four continents. I haven't gotten that far yet (just got the deep water ability), so it might be harder than I think

Masamune
07-24-2004, 06:38 PM
I think the one in the middle of the ocean was Zidane's ultimate weapon which I got. The flying chocobo is just annoying though IMO.

AtmaWeapon
07-24-2004, 07:56 PM
If the one in the middle of the Ocean is the one I'm thinking of, then it is in the EXACT place where some temple/building was that got destroyed. There is a map dot for it, if you stand on the dot you should find the treasure around in there. (I don't remember what the destroyed place was; I hated the game and never finished it and I'm surely not playing it again to find out)

algam86
08-02-2004, 04:21 PM
It's not. It's near Chocobo's Lagoon, near the island with the long strip of beach on it. Actually, the island itself is long. I wonder if anyone's still using this thread.

*b*
08-02-2004, 04:53 PM
1 week since that last post? I doubt it. though, I do have another question, since I'm posting here. in Disk 4, is there ANY way to get the Stelazzio coin from the Black Mage's Inn? I have a theory, but I want to know if I don't have to go through it to get the coin

the_Real_hydra
08-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Yupe...I might be wrong.