PDA

View Full Version : Different lag problem

The Great Guy
07-23-2004, 04:56 PM
I am having a problem with lagging while I play. It lags alot everywhere and sometimes gameplay completely stops. I am using Windows Xp with version 1.92 beta 184 player if that helps.

Jarty
07-23-2004, 05:16 PM
I have this problem too. This seems to only be a problem with XP. I brought up the task manager one time when this was happening, and it showed that ZC was using the majority of my processor (2.08 GHz). It seems to be a compatability issue with XP of some sort and may not even affect all XP users. I often experience a loss of control of Link whenever this happens. I will try to see if there is a way to fix this with the compatability modes XP has.

[Edit]I've tried using all compatability modes and none were able to alleviate the lag (although it seemed to run most smoothly when set for Windows NT).

The Great Guy
07-24-2004, 08:48 AM
I figured out that you only lose control of link if you're using Vsync. If you turn it off instead of link going crazy you get the WHOLE screens to slow down alot, link, monsters, animation, everything slows down or completely stops sometimes. Is there any way to stop the EVIL lag? :mad:

VGWarrior
07-24-2004, 10:06 AM
I'm on XP myself, and I'm not encountering any problems with beta 184. Perhaps this needs to be looked in to.

The Great Guy
07-24-2004, 03:36 PM
WHOA! :D I figured out how to stop the lag! Its weird but I just decided to try turning off numlock before I open ZC and the lagging went away! I don't know why turning off numlock got rid of the lagging but I played for about 15 minutes before posting this and every second was pure gameplay no lagging at all! :cool: :D

Sonicandtails
07-24-2004, 11:18 PM
I am having that same lag problem just worded different in my post. But, for some reason, ZC has worked on my dads XP(same computer, same hard drive, same everything) for a year now. Yet, on my moms it hangs. I'm at my dads right now, but, when I get to my moms on monday, I'll give the numlock fix a shot.

The Great Guy
07-25-2004, 09:16 AM
agh! I don't get it! the numlock fix worked yesterday but now it won't work, I don't understand. :mad:

Jarty
07-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Forgot to say which versions have had this lag problem for me. I've tried all of the version 1.92 182 through 184 betas and they all have the problem, but 184 seems to be most stable as far as this issue is concerned.