PDA

View Full Version : This is some BS (level C of isle of winds)

LegendarySlash
07-23-2004, 01:22 PM
I beat the boss and what do I see, the chest blocked off by friggen hammer pegs! I was forced to save my game and now I'm stuck!! There better be a friggen way out of this. I did not play this game for all that time to get stuck now!

SirNiko
07-23-2004, 01:36 PM
I had a similar problem in another custom quest. Let me guess, you saved, and then found whenever you load you're trapped in a room and can't move or use your weaponry?

If you're not using it already, go to the "downloads" page and pick up version 1.92 beta-183, and put it in a new folder (It is the second download from the top). Then, copy your Zelda.sav file from your current version (Probably build 184) and paste it over the Zelda.sav in the 183 version. When you load the 183 version, you'll get an error when you try to start the save file, telling you the quest isn't found. See where the game is looking, and copy the custom quest files (IsleoftheWinds in your case) to the directory it was looking in (It was the main directory of the c: drive for myself). That should allow you to pick up exactly where you left off, with no loss.

If that doesn't work, though, you'll have to wait for somebody more knowledgable to drop by.

-SirNiko

LegendarySlash
07-23-2004, 01:38 PM
Thanks alot buddy I'll give it a try, that really pissed me off that error.

Cepat
07-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Go get the hammer in Level A before you return to go to Level B & C.

LegendarySlash
07-23-2004, 01:52 PM
'horray for sirniko. HORRAY. *is happy again* Thanks bro.

DarkFlameWolf
07-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Levels a-c are NOT optional and must eventually be beaten to complete the game. However, you should complete levels a-c in order to get the most out of them.

EDIT: Furthermore, I mention specifically in the quest entries that you must use beta 183 to play this, but no one seems to listen......*sigh*

SirNiko
07-23-2004, 05:10 PM
I think that it is a bit confusing for new players when they download ZC for the first time. The 184 build is at the top, and it is instinctive to grab the "Latest" version. If the majority of games are currently being run on 183, then perhaps it would be a good idea to put the 183 version at the top of the page, to encourage players to pick that first.

Yeah, it would be nice if people would simply read all the directions, huh? 'course, then I'D have to do that, too....

-SirNiko

Cepat
07-23-2004, 10:27 PM
You can get all the ZC betas here, just look for Download ZC on the top left portion :
http://www.zeldaclassic.com/

Linux
07-26-2004, 06:17 PM
I personally perfer to use 184 for the most part, and 183 for the Patra 3 and stuff. 183 blows though, due to the map bug.

The Great Guy
07-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Why do we have to use beta 183? Just curious, does 184 take out anything? :confused:

LegendarySlash
07-26-2004, 08:10 PM
184 gives you the 'if you save in the triforce room you'll be stuck there error' and it gives u the 'eyeball boss having 1 hidden eyeball in the wall that avoids u'. 183 takes those out.

The Great Guy
07-26-2004, 08:13 PM
184 gives you the 'if you save in the triforce room you'll be stuck there error' and it gives u the 'eyeball boss having 1 hidden eyeball in the wall that avoids u'. 183 takes those out.

Oh I thought 184 was supposed to fix bugs not add them. :rolleyes: Oh well, I'm sure they'll eventually be fixed. :D