PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Load 2nd.qst - please help an old man.

Old-man
07-22-2004, 11:13 PM
in my quest directory there are four quests; 1st.qst, 2nd.qst, 3rd.qst and 182test.qst.

I can get 182test.qst to load but I cannot get the 2nd or 3rd quest to load. I am getting the error message, "Not a custom quest".

Could someone please give me some detailed instructions?

Thanks,

Art

P.S. I played the Legend of Zelda about 15 years ago only once and absolutely loved it. It's good to play it again.

Foxx
07-22-2004, 11:19 PM
There are two ways to get to the second quest:

(a) Beat the first quest to get to it;
(b) Put in your name as "ZELDA" and it will load up.

There are two ways to get to the third quest: (a) Beat the second quest to get to it; (b) Get it to load up by putting in your name as something else, which I will leave you to discover. I'll give you a little hint -- it's a Greek letter.

Old-man
07-22-2004, 11:46 PM
There are two ways to get to the second quest:

(a) Beat the first quest to get to it;
(b) Put in your name as "ZELDA" and it will load up.

There are two ways to get to the third quest: (a) Beat the second quest to get to it; (b) Get it to load up by putting in your name as something else, which I will leave you to discover. I'll give you a little hint -- it's a Greek letter.

**************** Thank you **************

*b*
07-23-2004, 12:44 AM
this is a bug in the most recent releases. just put in ZELDA as your name to get around it, as Foxx said

fatcatfan
07-23-2004, 03:09 AM
This isn't a bug. 2nd and 3rd quests aren't "custom" quests. Any quest with a "quest number" in the quest header will generate this error message.

*b*
07-23-2004, 11:24 AM
well, didn't they used to work? I remember after beating 1st.qst in 1.90 and having it go to the second quest after I beat it. maybe 2nd and 3rd have been changed since then?

CJC
07-23-2004, 10:52 PM
No, his problem was that he was trying to load them from the custom quest selection, when all he needs to do is enter a specific name.