PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever played Hearts of Iron,

cap2030
07-22-2004, 10:32 PM
It uses the Europa universalis game engine.

It's about world war 2. you control a country during that era and try to lead it through prosperity through WW2.

It's very complicated to get into but once you figure out some basics you'll be hooked and cursing the germans for stopping your attempt at retaking France.

The game includes most of the major countries involved but there's an option to play any country in the world at the time.

It has many historical points but you can change history as well.

I played as US first time but didnt know how to play well and didnt even get involved in the war or get attacked by japan.

I played the uk the second time and had my navy blocking off all german transports in the northern seas and mediterranean, and leading marines to take back france and .....losing it to germans again.

It's being rereleased in a special edition and I think there's a sequel on the way unless the special edition is the sequel.

You should be able to get it cheap, it is complicated but once you get it down it can be alot of fun if your into strategy.

Dracula
07-23-2004, 02:58 AM
I've never played it... although, I love war games, not to mention those that involve the WWII conflicts. Very deep, no matter which side of the front you belong on. Sounds interesting, so maybe I should, you know... get around to it sometime. :)