PDA

View Full Version : 1 Month of Work

Cloral
07-22-2004, 03:20 AM
Well, one month down. Working isn't as bad as I thought it might be, and it feels good to be making my own money. I only regret that I don't get much of a chance to enjoy the day during the week. But that's what the weekend's for, right? I should just be glad I got a job in the gaming industry I guess, and one I really don't mind going to every day.
How is work going for everyone else?

Glitch
07-22-2004, 04:02 AM
Hell as always. But it pays the bills so i can't complain.

goKi
07-22-2004, 04:09 AM
i've lost my good job. now i get irregular hours, and less of them. But either way, working in retail = no money to live on my own. i need to win the lottery or something.

Ich
07-22-2004, 05:10 AM
Excellent. You'll be ready to leak source code any day now.

Naked Jim
07-22-2004, 06:18 AM
I got fired at the begging of the summer!! I took off until summer then never came back so they fired me.

Gerudo
07-22-2004, 07:57 AM
work is great. just last night, i spent 6+ hours on irc and browsing online. and since i was at work, i got paid to do so... :p

Rainman
07-22-2004, 11:18 AM
Work? No. However, I have been pulling slave labor for my parents whenever they feel like it. We are currently shampooing all the carpets in the house so lots of furniture needs to be moved. Also, my dad is building a deck now. That's just one of the half dozen projects that need to be done. I shouldn't complain because the majority of the time is spent just lounging around, but I'm really lazy so I try to maximize the lounge time.

Glitch
07-22-2004, 12:57 PM
work is great. just last night, i spent 6+ hours on irc and browsing online. and since i was at work, i got paid to do so... :p

God I hate you.......

theplustwo
07-22-2004, 02:42 PM
Work is cool for me. I actually work the whole time but I don't hate it so it's all good. :)

Pablo
07-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Ah, if only more places hired 15-year-olds around here. At least you people have jobs -_-

moocow
07-22-2004, 03:38 PM
My job sucks. And no one seems to want to hire a pregnant girl, so finding a new job is very hard. I only work two days a week, for 4 hours at a time. I get around 16 hours per pay check at $7.50 an hour... which isn't really that much, around $60, after taxes. So, I make enough to pay my bills and maybe put gas in my car. I'm so low on money that I can't even afford to buy myself any deoderant, I have to use my dad's.

the_Real_hydra
07-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Works great for my get paid $10 an hour 5 days a week 6 in to morning to 4 pm. To bad I have to quit when school starts back:(.

Cloral
07-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Excellent. You'll be ready to leak source code any day now.
How's this?

if(m_fDist < fDist)
{
m_fDist = fDist;
}

:D

SixTen
07-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Pablo....I used to think the same way you did. But now I have a job, and I'm going ot have a job for the rest of my life. Treasure the time you have now where you have NOTHING to do...except school, but thats a birthday party in retrospect no matter what you think now.

Blonde799
07-23-2004, 12:58 AM
I'm so low on money that I can't even afford to buy myself any deoderant, I have to use my dad's.
You're pregnant, hot, AND you smell like a man! We need to hook up.:D j/k

But having a job isn't too bad, but it ain't very good either(if you're not doing something you love, you're gonna have to put up and make nice, LAME!!!). I'll think twice before getting excited about getting another job ever again.:(

moocow
07-23-2004, 02:57 AM
You're pregnant, hot, AND you smell like a man! We need to hook up.:D j/k

That almost made you sound gay. The whole man thing... o_O