PDA

View Full Version : Zelda name issues

Bruce L33
07-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Alright i jus downloaded zelda for the pc and i can not make a character. It says somting had an erroe. I am confused can some one help me?

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-20-2004, 06:29 PM
You probably ought to have posted this in the Zelda Classic forums, but that's no big issue since you're new. However, there is a problem with the fact that you didn't even state which error you got. Makes it kinda hard to diagnose the problem. Tell me what kind of error you got, and I (or someone else) will get back to you.

ShadowTiger
07-20-2004, 07:03 PM
* Does not care to wait for said topic to be moved to ZC Discussion.

The first thing which comes to mind when I read this topic, is that you're trying to ask how to load a custom quest. Is that right? First of all, you'll have to have your A and B buttons defined. Hit Escape, and try the second menu from the left, top two areas. One has the directional buttons, and the other has the other buttons. In the latter menu, change A and B to whatever you want.

Then, hit okay, then escape to go back to the main quest selection screen, and go down to register a new name. Type in your name, (Or preferrably, the name of the quest you believe you're about to play. Trust me. ;) You'll likely have a lot of quests in there pretty soon. :D ) Then press enter to finish it. then press the button you have assigned to B. Go to Browse, and select your quest from the directory. That's the standard operation.

Now.. if you're receiving an actual error message, please tell us both When it occurs, (EXACTLY when.) And EXACTLY what it says. Thank you. I hope you get this cleared up quickly! :kawaii:

goKi
07-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Moved to Zelda Classic Discussion. Thanks for answering the question anyway BH4

ShadowTiger
07-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Hey, thanks for even mentioning me, Goki. :) Always a pleasure.

Bruce, man, I hope this helps.. There's a link over here by Cyclone which may fill in any extra information that you'll need. You can find the link Right Here (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=59715). Be sure to tell us if this doesn't solve your problem, or if you need any more information.

CJC
07-21-2004, 12:29 AM
Wait a minute... an error message when creating a Zelda classic character file.

I pretty sure the error message was a 'Cannot find 1st.qst' message, and there's a simple way to get around it. (You haven't shown the program where your Zelda Classic folder is, so it can't find the basic quests yet! This tends to happen the first time you download the game, or if you switch computers and put it in a different folder than what it was in on your last computer.)
First, do as BH4 said and make sure you've defined your a and b keys. Next, load a custom quest file (If it's the latest beta {Build 1.92 Beta 182}, just load the 182test.qst)
That should fix it, if you continue to encounter problems I don't know what to tell you.