PDA

View Full Version : Microplex

Bomber
07-20-2004, 01:51 PM
Where is the white sword? I find that trying to defeat Blue Darknuts and Pols Voices with the wooden sword is just not getting it done.

Also, anyone know where the stepladder is?

carrot red
07-20-2004, 02:39 PM
Go back to your house.

You have to find the bow first and use it in a certain room up north of the level. Oops, I think I'm mixing my levels again.

(You might want to PM Foxx, he'll be able to help you more.)

VGWarrior
07-20-2004, 09:39 PM
You are right though, carrot red. The white sword is back at the starting house.

I need to play that quest again.

Foxx
07-21-2004, 03:10 AM
Right, I just sent a PM with all the answers you asked there. As for the stepladder, that's in level 3, you have to go all the way around the level to the lower-left-hand corner, then take a warp to the "donut hole" in the center, where the ladder will be.

njg
05-18-2005, 12:51 PM
How do I find level 4? I have the ladder and whistle but not the raft. Did I miss something? The ladder got me to the grave site where i found the whistle after the maze. I got into the grave where the level 3 sword is but I only have 9 hearts (should I have more after level 3?). I've tried the whistle most everywhere but it apears I need the raft to go further. Please help

njg
05-18-2005, 12:51 PM
How do I find level 4? I have the ladder and whistle but not the raft. Did I miss something? The ladder got me to the grave site where i found the whistle after the maze. I got into the grave where the level 3 sword is but I only have 9 hearts (should I have more after level 3?). I've tried the whistle most everywhere but it apears I need the raft to go further. Please help

carrot red
05-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Remember the ruins of a temple? You have to use your whistle there, but it's tricky because you have to stand at one location (forgot which) for it to work.

carrot red
05-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Remember the ruins of a temple? You have to use your whistle there, but it's tricky because you have to stand at one location (forgot which) for it to work.

njg
05-18-2005, 01:29 PM
WOW! how is somebody supposed to get that! One random spot on the screen. I hope there aren't any more of those. I will have to blow the whistle at each point on the map.

njg
05-18-2005, 01:29 PM
WOW! how is somebody supposed to get that! One random spot on the screen. I hope there aren't any more of those. I will have to blow the whistle at each point on the map.

Foxx
05-22-2005, 02:13 AM
It's not so random. A guy nearby says something about "a secret where the Four Rocks point." On the screen with the temple ruins, you'll notice four pointy rocks all pointing at one place on the screen. It's one of only a couple places where these pointy rocks appear.

On a side note, you may need two or three red potions to get through that level once you summon it to the light. I made level 4 hard, perhaps a little too much so.

Foxx
05-22-2005, 02:13 AM
It's not so random. A guy nearby says something about "a secret where the Four Rocks point." On the screen with the temple ruins, you'll notice four pointy rocks all pointing at one place on the screen. It's one of only a couple places where these pointy rocks appear.

On a side note, you may need two or three red potions to get through that level once you summon it to the light. I made level 4 hard, perhaps a little too much so.

carrot red
05-22-2005, 01:00 PM
I made level 4 hard, perhaps a little too much so.
You can say that again.

Also, try bombing or walking through most walls and don't leave the level without the raft.

carrot red
05-22-2005, 01:00 PM
I made level 4 hard, perhaps a little too much so.
You can say that again.

Also, try bombing or walking through most walls and don't leave the level without the raft.

njg
05-23-2005, 10:45 AM
I found the pointed rocks, now I get it. I have been able to get through this entire level (including getting the raft) after many hours of trying only to find the multiheaded dragon at the end. how frustrating. I am going to need to find the potion to defeat that enemy, where can I find it?

njg
05-23-2005, 10:45 AM
I found the pointed rocks, now I get it. I have been able to get through this entire level (including getting the raft) after many hours of trying only to find the multiheaded dragon at the end. how frustrating. I am going to need to find the potion to defeat that enemy, where can I find it?

carrot red
05-23-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm positive there was a shop one screen up to the left from where the level is.

carrot red
05-23-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm positive there was a shop one screen up to the left from where the level is.

njg
05-23-2005, 02:29 PM
There is a shop there but I do not have the letter.

njg
05-23-2005, 02:29 PM
There is a shop there but I do not have the letter.

carrot red
05-23-2005, 04:10 PM
Obviously you should have had it by now. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I got it from. Try to check all the caves again and do some exploring too now that you have the raft.

carrot red
05-23-2005, 04:10 PM
Obviously you should have had it by now. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I got it from. Try to check all the caves again and do some exploring too now that you have the raft.

Foxx
05-23-2005, 05:11 PM
The letter's in level 3, you have to go to a room in the upper-left-hand area with a lot of Armoses, and walk through the top wall. It's diametrically opposite the "room" you come from when you enter the level.

Foxx
05-23-2005, 05:11 PM
The letter's in level 3, you have to go to a room in the upper-left-hand area with a lot of Armoses, and walk through the top wall. It's diametrically opposite the "room" you come from when you enter the level.

njg
05-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Got the letter, potion and completed level 4. I have now also completed level 5 (was the book that gives fire to the wand the only prize?). I found Foxx's cave and got a password (don't know what to do with it). found bracelet, found level 7 (this is the end?). I now have 12 hearts, I see one that I need to get into the tunnels for, if level 7 is the end, I will need two more from the field (assuming there are 16), should I already have these? There is a rock blocking the way to the tunnels in the northeast of the last section, how do I pass it? Is there anything (other than the red rupie) in the tunnel that you raft through? I have walked back through but don't find anything.

I am now aimlessly walking around. I think I have tried everything (obviously I have not otherwise I would have found level 6). Please help

Foxx
05-25-2005, 11:41 PM
I put in the screen with the password back when it looked like you would need passwords to rate quests in the DB. For now, there's nothing you can use it for.

There's a heart container in the cave you raft through. In the lower part is a hand with a pointing finger, made of rock. Turn your raft in the direction of the pointing finger.

On the screen with the rock blocking your way, there's a tree on the edge of the screen behind a wall of rock. Do what you usually do to a tree.

njg
05-26-2005, 09:53 AM
I saw that tree and set it on fire (with the wand) and it did nothing. I am sure the fire was on target as the whole tree was consumed. I thought this was the way the way through so I had tried it numerous times, with and without enemies left on the screen. There must be a trick to it. there is a rock that I can move on the screen with the tree (which originally was blocking the route to the north, but now does not) but I cannot figure out how that helps.

carrot red
05-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Ok, I have a serious hunch about this. Are you using the newest 2.10 console?
Because a) you weren't supposed to be able to move that rock b) when you torch the tree, it (the rock) moves down on its own c) there's no other way to get to level 6.
Now, 2.10 has a bug that make *some* things in quests made in older versions, and Foxx made this using 1.63, not work properly. So, if I'm right and unless Foxx is willing to make his quest playable in 2.10, you have no other choice but to start all over again using an older version, unless you want to quit playing.

njg
05-26-2005, 03:21 PM
I am using version 1.90 of Zelda Classic. I am at a screen which has a heart piece in it , which must be reached by tunnel. There was a rock blocking the passage north but that has moved after I killed all the enemies on the screen. This screen also has a tree all the way to the right which I can only burn with the wand. When I move to the screen to the north, there is a winding path leading to a tunnel entrance, this path has a rock in it that I cannot move (with the bracelet), stab (with the level 3 sword) burn, bomb shoot with arrow or even rot meat on. I really hope I do not have to start at the beginning of this quest as it was really-really hard.

Foxx
05-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Hmmm...... First of all, I'm pretty sure the rock has to be moved by burning the tree. I just looked inside the quest on my end and that's how the flags are set up. Second of all, when you go north, there should most certainly NOT be a rock in the "winding path leading to a tunnel entrance". The path should be clear. I wouldn't know what was going on, but that brings me to my third point. Microplex has been in 1.92 build 163 for about 3 years and should NOT BE PLAYABLE in version 1.90. Where did you get the version you've been playing? I hope you don't have the wrong version, but even if you do, there are still things we can try.

njg
05-31-2005, 11:56 AM
http://www.armageddongames.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=410&stc=1
I have attached a screenshot of where I am stuck. Most of the quests that I have were downloaded from Armageddon's site before it became a bbs only and are a few years old. Any suggestions?

soxfan2k4
06-01-2005, 10:16 AM
Where is the blue candle here? I realize it's a relatively early item, but I'll be d***ed if I can find it

njg
06-01-2005, 03:03 PM
You buy it for 60 rupies in the building next to the wall you need to blow up to advance after you complete level 1. From the starting screen, go up 1, left 1 and up 1.

I hope you are a White Sox fan, I hate to think I am helping the enemy (Red Sox fans...lol)

Foxx
06-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Hmmm..... yep, I see the rock, and I see how you'd be stuck. But I didn't put it there and it shouldn't be there.

Check your PM's, I'm going to tell ya what we're going to do.

soxfan2k4
06-02-2005, 01:46 PM
So in reading through here, I see that supposedly there iasa a big rock in level two that you bomb that leads to a passage where you get a key. Can someone please enlighten me as to the location of said rock? Since I got the candle, I've been stuck on this level

Foxx
06-04-2005, 04:42 AM
When you're in the right "eye" of the map, bomb the north wall, then go in and bomb the large rock in the center of the room.

soxfan2k4
06-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............... Somehow, the zelda directory was wiped off my machine. Had to start again, and can't find the map in level 2, and cant get past these rooms. Help pls! :)

http://www.geocities.com/bomber_1995/zelda001.bmp

Foxx
06-07-2005, 05:59 AM
Go back to the room that's at the very top of the scope showing the rooms you've been to.... the map is in there.

soxfan2k4
06-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Got it. Now I'm on to level 3, but it seems I am going to need the blue ring. I tried to follow the directions to the wallet, but cant find it. Where is it?

Foxx
06-08-2005, 04:00 AM
From level 3, go one screen south, then three screens east. Bomb the little niche in the rock wall on the right-hand side (yeah, the side, not the top), and you will be able to enter the cave where the wallet is.

soxfan2k4
06-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Found it. Ran into another snag, but I'm going to try to figure this one out on my own

soxfan2k4
06-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Can't find the boss room in Level 3. Help

Foxx
06-20-2005, 06:33 PM
OK, remember the room where you had to shoot a target in the wall to make the "moat" around the doorway disappear? If you go back to that room, and go east through the doorway, you can walk through the east wall of the next room to arrive in a place where you can warp to the boss (yeah I know, this is getting to be a ridiculous number of walk-through walls).

soxfan2k4
06-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Good lord - I'm finally through that level.......... omg....... :) Anyway, now I need to know the patter to the lost woods, unless i missed something along the way in my 102 tries at this quest so far

njg
06-21-2005, 04:09 PM
up down right up